Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Honeybees And Valley Lemon Blossoms

Taken the day before my recent flower photos (the ones using off-camera flash on a dark day) I was shooting bees on the valley lemon tree in my girlfriend's parent's backyard.

I'm told that the valley lemon is a cross between an orange and a lime tree. The fruit is green but turns yellow when fully ripe, and the flavor is like sweet lemon candy--not sour at all!
This hybrid is popular among growers in the Rio Grande Valley on the border between Texas and Mexico, which is where we got our own small tree last year.
Valley Lemons taste amazing with tequila shots.
The sweetness is a perfect complement to the liquor's flavor.

The thousands of blooms on the tree shown here correspond to the huge number of fruit it will produce this year.
I'll have to switch from vodka to tequila this summer so they don't go to waste. Cool

[Image: kak.bee_lemontree1.jpg]

[Image: kak.bee_lemontree2.jpg]

like your shots Keith, the detail is great particularly in the second.........well captured!

interesting cross in the fruit I haven't heard of them, might have to see if I could find some to try .................with tequila Big Grin

Ver beautiful pictures Keith. I really love the colors and the detail is great!! Smile

Your comment made me think about my country. Tequila con sagrita, sal y limon... Smile We don't normally have tequila with that kind of lemon. Ours is very green with thick skin or the little one with very thin skin, I think those are from Colima.

The fist time I saw those yellow lemons was here in Germany. Those are the lemons you have in the supermarket, pity the tequila you get here, is not the best you can have.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Interesting about the valley lemon... I haven't heard of them before. Must try them one day...

I like #2, more of it is in focus. However, the angle of the bee looks better in #1. Big Grin

There are some similar hybrids out here in California, oranges and lemons crossed, ends up like a sweet lemon you can eat like an orange.

Great shots Keith what lens did you use?

EnglishBob Wrote:...what lens did you use?
I don't have a DSLR, so everything I do is with the lens that's permanently attached to my Sony F717. It's a Zeiss, and I have no complaints about it's performance most of the time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post