Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Picture of the day.

I went with G and Andreas, a friend of ours to take pictures. The subjects: bugs and blooming trees... We ended up in a lake shooting birds.. Sad Not prepared with my long lens I dedicated mainly to take pictures of the fish that were jumping out so nicely.

The ones who have tried this will know how happy I am with these pictures, the ones who haven't, I recommend to do it... It is great fun. Btw, I was the only one who got pictures of the fish... Big Grin

[Image: IMG_4082-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4094-Edit.jpg]

I took them with my macro lens manual focus.
f/8, 1/400sec, iso200.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Unbelievable timing. You must be very patient.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

WOW , thats some great timing . I wouldnt know how to start to shoot that . Nice work Irma...

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

Some patient and also the practice I had with the droplets pictures helped a lot...

Shawn: This is how I did it. I set focus to Manual, I was in f8, which gives me a wider DOF and also good time to freeze the action. You point and focus in a spot you have seen them jumping out and don't look through the view finder. When you look with your eyes your reflexes are faster. So when you see the fish jumping near the spot you focused then shoot.

I want to go again, but this time with a tripod and my long lens, maybe then I will get it with more detail.

Anyway here are some more of the day, also with the macro lens.

[Image: IMG_4069-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4073-Edit.jpg]

And some flowers.

I was affraid of blowing out the yellow color in these pictures since I took them in bright sunlight, but my camera behaved and I got them right... Smile

[Image: IMG_3983-Edit.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Very neat! I love the duck photos.

Thanks Teri... Smile

Nice to see you around.

Paul Cezanne

Great shots Irma Smile They look like Grass or Common carp.

I don't know wether I could sit that long, but well taken Irma. Reward for your patience. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi Irma - I think the header should have been 'Fish of the Day' Big Grin you deserved to have your patience rewarded. Great shots!

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Great timing and great shots. Clearly there's some value in having brought the "wrong equipment" -- bring what you expect to need, and you just take the photos you expected to take...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Cool shots Irma, thanks for sharing your method, interesting you used the same technique for the water droplets as I found that the best way for me too. Still you must have the reflexes of a cat to catch those fish, well done!

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile
Andreas wants to go again, and I also want to go again...

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 28, 2011, 20:43