Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hyperthetically speaking...........

Please folks. Ask yourself what the answer is:

Hyperthetically speaking, if your pastor:

1/ Insisted on tything and refused giving/offering without FIRST tything 10%, what would you think?

2/ If your pastor began a long series on "emotional health," what would you think?

3/ If "learning to share your faith" meant learning how to refute and demonize other faiths, what would you think?

Cave canem

#3 I would change my pastor, not my faith or belief.
We do not need to be brain washed.
Everyone has the right to their own opinions, and it may be offered as an opinion, not the truth.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

OK, let's go a tad further........... (with caution) :o

Have a look here http://www.christchurchmatchborough.org..../mp3.shtml

If you have time to listen to an item, or part of one, please do.

Maybe private responses might be in order, but I'd REALLY value some nerw perspectives on this material.

Thanks folks!! Smile

Cave canem

There is the rub. I can't/don't listen because I cannot hear with any clarity to define the words. I need the written word.
Likewise with music. I hear a song and instead of (e.g. key of C) I hear harmonics, so during the number the singer goes out of tune with the musicians, or visa versa . Great eh. Even the Beatles sound rather tuneless these days.
Maybe if you had been brought up in Palestine or Lebanon, I guess you would be told to 'demonize' some other faiths. Of course this is theoretical. I don't wish to start a war.:/

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Nononono!!! No war! :o

I'm just wondering, if this is acceptable or not to folks in general. Does it smack of cultism, or is it ok?
Dunno. Find myself unsure, hence request for additional thoughts. :/

Cave canem

Why does it matter anyway?

Well it did two years ago. Rolleyes Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

2 years? Sorry, my mistake.