Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holiday at the beach

Just back from a few days in Forster, NSW. Even though it is winter the sun was out & it was a great break for us. I even captured the elusive sunrise (I'm not a morning person Rolleyes ).....

This happy little flower was growing at the side of the steps onto the beach
[Image: IMG_8731%2012copy.jpg]

My 15yr old son (a reluctant model)
[Image: IMG_8831%2012copy.jpg]

Pre sunrise on one of the coldest mornings this month
[Image: IMG_9052%2012copy.jpg]

Sunrise....
[Image: IMG_9099%2012copy.jpg]

Thanks for looking, comments more than welcome, I've still got a lot to learn Big Grin

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

That last pic is awesome!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Hi Sharon, great shots - last one spectacular Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

the last one would be good as a HDR image, i think.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I like the one of your son's feet. Great capture!

I am with Toad on this - the one of your son's feet is great. All are nice though - well done.

Canon stuff.

I like the flar created by the sun in the last one, very nice capture... Not too sure about the flower though, maybe a more front on photo, it looks like a very stunning flower, but seems to have lost it's bravado.

Hi all, sorry I've taken so long to respond. I've been a bit off colour lately, but I'm ok now Smile

Thanks for the feedback, I'm happy with them. I thought the foreground on the sunrise shots was a bit too dark. I don't have filters yet and had to shoot 2 stops underexposed, I then selected the foreground & water in PS and adjusted the levels a bit..

The one of my son's legs got POTD at photographyvoice.com http://www.photographyvoice.com/pv/potd/...px?c=12643

Thanks again
Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 1, 2017, 09:54