Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Frustrated!!

Arggh,

:o :mad: :o :mad: Sad Rolleyes :o :mad: :o :mad: :mad::mad::mad:

...ok, just had to let it out.

I am back in Hefei. My boy friend and his colleagues were very suddenly sent home last week, because of problems at the site he worked.
Actually, it could have been really convenient, as I am still on holiday from the school and we have time to travel around China for 3 weeks until september. however, with the work visa I got while in Germany this summer, I have to get a "resident permit" in China, within no more than 30 days after my entry. Normally, this permit takes about 20 days to process, and for the past week or so I have done nothing but run around, call people, bribe officials etc etc to get this paper before we leave for our trip on sunday.
today is friday and I still don't have my passport back!!!!!

the computer in my appartment in broken, so no internet there for me... everything seems to go wrong.

Please cross your fingers for us so I get my passport with the permit and we can go travelling as planned (and booked!!) on sunday. There should be lots of nice pictures to show if we go Smile

Greetings, uli

I am sorry that you are having a hard time . Fingers are crossed for ya !

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hope it all gets sorted out Uli...Sad

Fingers crossed, legs and arms as well.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I'm trying to picture that, NT.... thanks guys.
Actually, we are travelling now!!! we arrived in Chengdu, Sichuan, yesterday Smile
I didn't get my computer fixed before we left, but I did get my passport, even though I had to go the Chinese way and buy cigarettes worth half an average monthly income for the officer responsible for the signature on my permit....Interesting.

Uli

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get your passport back and on your way now!

Sad that you are forced to pay extra (in smoking currency) to get things done though, but at least it's done now!

Maybe he will suffocate on his fags. Thieving b/official... Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

we are just back in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, after two days in a nature reserve in the north of Sichuan, Jiu Zhai Gou (nine village valley), a true paradise!!

I am far from being a landscape photographer, but can't wait to see my pics anyway. Meanwhile we still have two weeks to go and I need to burn DVDs along the way to format my CF cards, something I have never done and feel a bit nervous about.....
Hope all is still intact and I can share impressions with you guys once I get back!!

Greetings, Uli

I also can't wait to see your pics Big Grin