Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Marbels

Taken with my macro lens and a studio flash.

[Image: IMG_2272-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2270-Edit.jpg]

Hope you like them... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Good to see you haven't lost them yet, Irma Big Grin

(I dunno if you'll understand what that means, if you don't, i'll explain)

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I didn't know the meaning, but I looked it up and I got the meaning... Smile
Thanks I didn't know that expression. I like it!!

Thanks for your comment RP... Smile

Paul Cezanne

You are a long way from losing your marbles when you can produce photos like the ones above! Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks Pat!! Smile

I was a bit dissapointed, because all my pictures came out with a lot of dust in the marbles, and in the glass. I had to clone out a lot to get them like this. The marbles are not so beautiful, they have some scratches, and I realized about that just when I saw them in my pictures... Sad but I left them so, it would be lot of work in restoration.

Paul Cezanne

Macro lenses are unforgiving. I was really happy yesterday when I found a watch that I'd forgotten to give my girlfriend -- an unblemished product to shoot! Big Grin

That said, I like these, and not everything should be perfect. I really like the flaws and details in these, and think it adds a lot to the character of the shots.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Hi Irma - The white balance feels very different in the two shots - was this a deliberate choice?

I like the natural feel to the marbles too.

Canon stuff.

Matt,
That is very true about macro lenses. I am happy you like the marbles as they are. I got an idea about making another seires with these ones as well but including a big one. Let's see if turns out interesting... Smile

Chris,
Yes, I played with the wb in the first picture. Actually, I have a kind of golden one but I didn't have time to post process to post. I was already keen on showing what I was doing with the marbles... Smile

Thanks so much for your comments.

Paul Cezanne

Nice work Irma Smile

Did you have them on a mirror or glass to get the reflection?

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

You can purchase an anti static fluid (possibly at a photographic web site ) to stop dust being attracted to the marbles. I had it years ago for secondary double glazing ( the cheap acrylic sheets placed in front of the windows, and fastened with sellotape )

The marble shots are excellent.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thank you for your comments Sharon, NT.

Sharon,
I am so sorry I don't know the name in English and I can't find it... Sad It is a plastic board very hard and transparent. It is as thick as glass you use in a window. There are lots of kitchenware to store seeds made of that material. I tried with a mirror I have but it is a bit more difficult. In this case I use a black cloth under the board, it is long enough to use it as a backdrop as well... In some pictures I have a gradient color at the edge of the board but easy to clone out... Smile
I will post some more I have tried with the same setup.

NT, thanks a lot for the recommendation. I will ask G to look for this anti static in the shop... Smile

Paul Cezanne