Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LCD screen

Don't even know if this exists, but I'm looking for an LCD screen which can come as an accessory to my Nikon D70. My screen just doesn't show me enough detail to see if things are clear, even after I zoom in. Does anyone know/want to sell an LCD screen that could plug into the video out port or something like that so I could really see what I took when I took my pic. Or am I just dreaming and needing to buy the next model up?

D.J.

You can always plug into your computer or laptop.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I'm looking for something I can view on-site. So carrying a laptop/computer is impractical.

Hey DJ, I haven't tried this, but apparently Nikon Capture allows you to view shots immediately after you take them, if your camera is connected to the PC via the USB cable.

That means you'll need some sort of computer or laptop though. There's also a wireless transmitter WT-3, but check for compatibility with your cam...

As an alternative - you can get portable DVD players with LCD screens these days that accept video inputs - so maybe connecting that to the video out of the cam might do the trick. Not sure regarding the amount of detail / resolution you'll get though, as video is usually under 800 x 600 pixels, but at least the screen will be bigger. Also, I'm not sure if the image will come up automatically after you take the shot - you might need to go into slideshow mode or something like that??

Hey looks like someone already did what I was thinking of....

http://photo.net/equipment/portable_lcd/

Very interesting, and looks like it works well! Big Grin

Thanks admin, that post was very helpful!

No probs... Big Grin

(should have done this earlier) moving this thread to a more appropriate forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Feb 24, 2012, 20:20