Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lillies

Hi all...
I've been a bit quiet....my boys have been doing their final school exams, and the youngest has broken his foot in three places :/
I've not had much of a chance to take photos, but my friend gave me this lilly from her garden and I could not resist getting the camera out.....

[Image: IMG_0228-12copy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0243-12fullcopy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0254-12copy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0280-12copy.jpg]

Thanks for looking, comments very welcome....

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Hi Sharon, it's good to 'see' you around. Bad luck with your youngest, that sucks -- and good luck to the others.

The lighting on your lily is really nice. My favourite is #2 for its negative space. It makes the colours stand out more.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I agree with matthew about #2 and the negative space. It rocks.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for taking a break from the events around you to post these. As already mentioned number 2 is superb.

Canon stuff.

Hi Sharon... Smile

Those pictures are beautiful... all of them have something to admire... The light and colors are really great... They certainly will enlighten my day... Smile

Difficult to pick a favorite among so beautiful pictures, but I like very much #4... Your work with curves in this one is great.

Best of luck to your kids that are facing examinations, and my best wishes for a speedy recovery to your youngest... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks everyone, glad you liked them and I appreciate you taking time to comment Smile

#2 would be my favourite as well, the lighting is natural (it was the same set up as the white Iris).

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Looking at these again, I'm really taken by the complex curves and colour on the top of the flower in the last photo. I find the leaf at the bottom too distracting, there's either too much or too little of it, but the flower itself is really nicely captured.

My favourite is still #2, but I like the daringness of #4.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

So refreshing, Thank you! Smile

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Thanks Janika Smile

Thanks Matthew, "daringness" wow...I was really taken by the curves of the petals, and was just trying to capture them at the right angle. I've been working hard at exposing correctly for the flowers, I find manual setting, and underexposing by 1/3 or 2/3's works ok....

Sharon Smile

Winston Churchill

The colour is like a peach. Really nice.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by guerito
Dec 9, 2007, 02:49
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jun 7, 2007, 22:47