Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Frost Macros (5 images)

Went out with Irma's macro lens this morning...

[Image: RD0X9378.jpg]

[Image: RD0X9390.jpg]

[Image: RD0X9399.jpg]

[Image: RD0X9402.jpg]

[Image: RD0X9430.jpg]

All pictures taken with flash, 180mm, f22 at ISO 100.

Thanks for looking.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Wow - excellent work! The crystal structures are amazing. I kind of miss this now living in Vancouver - we don't see much ice. #2 is my personal fav.

On further looks, the dichotomy between the barbed wire and the frost is pretty amazing as well...

I went out with the same gear to the same place and I couldn't get anything a little close to these pictures. I think G did a great job here.

May favs are #1, #4 and #5.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks, you two! Smile

By the way it wasn't that early in the morning as it may look. Closing the aperture to f22 eliminates nearly all daylight, the background was already pretty dark before pp.

Beautiful!!

I think 4 and 5 are my favorites, but they all make a great series together. Remind me of one day in New York when I went out like this and my hands were FREEZING... I have heard there has been snow in Mannheim,
how about the North?

Merry Christmas!!!

Uli

Number 5 for me - but all are a great examples of macro work.

Canon stuff.

Nice to see your stuff again...though Irma does keep us informed of your acquisitions!
That lens is a very good additional reason for the sharing side of a marriage!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I add my kudos. These are wonderful.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks a lot! And have a merry christmas, everybody!

@Uli: No snow here in the North, everybody keeps dreaming of a white christmas for another year... And the frosty decoration is thawing away already. Bloody gulf stream! :/

@Zig: I'm really happy I could talk Irma into the change from Nikon to Canon. Sharing both the addiction and the system is great. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fogey
Jul 23, 2017, 23:44
Last Post by Fogey
Jul 23, 2017, 04:03