Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Other Side

A view across the San Antonio River in infrared.
Tall downtown building are hidden by the trees.

[Image: kak.riverIR.jpg]

Would have loved to back up and get more reflection on the water but a chainlink fence around a contaminated property prevented it.

for getting more of the water, perhaps you could have taken two portrait shots and stitched them?

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

A good idea, but I don't stitch.

I tried a vertical but lost too much of what I liked about the scene.

I usually don't like infrared but this is effective.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very beautiful, and alien at the same time. I am with Don here, I don't like it much usually but this is very appealing to me. Pity you don't stitch... Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I belong to an IR forum and I actually don't like a lot of it, either.
Most of them are playing with false-color these days, or going for extreme exposures and it doesn't do much for me.

I prefer to use IR to get black and white with a slight difference--nothing too strange except for dark skies.
The way IR records (on my camera at least) it's nearly impossible to blow anything out or block the shadows---everything is in a middle range--so I have to expand the dynamic range quite a bit during processing.
But that's a good thing.

I quite like this infrared stuff you are doing. I have always rather liked infrared - it seems to closely touch on the surreal look that I enjoy. Look into this photo - and you are seeing "the other side" of something - maybe the river - maybe the other side of some dimensional or spiritual plane...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post