Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zig sounds like this:

As I may have said in the past, out of all creative pursuits, photoing is my second fiddle but music the first.
Here's a link to a site where I've posted some clips of my recent stuff.
They are short, as I'm going to be making the full versions available at a different site soon.
Any thoughts, feedback, etc; please pm me or post here if you wish..hope u like!

Zig's guitar playing

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I really like it Zig - especially A Man of Sorrows.

Canon stuff.

Why, thank you Chris(: the titles' partly from one of the Isaiah bits about Jesus..." a man of sorows and acquainted with grief.")

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

There you go Zig! Great stuff, really - for my money "How Long O Lord" is the killer track for me - brings to mind Clapton in the From the Cradle era.

Excellent.

Thanks for taking time to listen, Rob. Oddly(not) enough, this track was born the day after seeing a dvd of Cream's "reforming" gig at the Albert Hall: I was really taken with the interplay of Bruce and Ginger, so next day I put down a basic programmed drum track, to which I added my bass and tried to hit the "free-groove" of Jack Bruce.
With the bass down, I then chose individual drum hits on the same virtual "kit" and slotted them in as a counterpoint to the bass stresses;
I was so pleased with the midi drums that I gave them a bit of a "solo" later: thus, the drums are "real" actual hits but triggered by midi files.
I then went to Psalm 13, which I'd been reading...and found it "goes" like a blues...with verses and a "selah", which lends itself to a guitar solo...!
I used the words of the psalm, only having to change a couple of lines to make it "work", then recorded the vocals, leaving (generous) space for guitar bits.
Finally, I played all the guitar through in a continuous take, just pressing the wah pedal down when it came to "heavy solo" time.
I'm sure you picked up on the Clapton infusion...I tried deliberately NOT to replicate his runs, even though I'd been soaking it up from the dvd.
Instead, I had also been listening to some SRV and Hendrix the night before...which made me choose my 1968 Reissue strat for that vintage vibe.
What I've failed to add, is that even though the guitar was done in a continuous take with no overdubs....it did take over 30 takes to nail it to the standard I wanted.
Do you realise that is not an amped guitar? It went through a amp modeller and straight into the desk, and so was only heard through phones and reference monitors..!
I'm sure that is all far too much detail...but it affirms your ear there my man! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post