Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Evening Sky

Taken two days ago, on the way home. The weather is mostly ugly here at this time of the year, but sometimes the sky opens up...

[Image: EveningSky.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Hmmm,

What is the haze around the buildings?

Cave canem

Hmm you caught me! I tried to light these areas up by applying a soft light layer in Paintshop. Looked ok on my monitor until right now, when I tuned the brightness up to 100%. Oops! Here is the pic again without the bloody layer:

[Image: 91_EveningSky.jpg]

I really need to find out more about image enhancement. Ideas as to what to do with this picture are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Nice photo. I saw what you did right away. You just need a little more precision in using your brushes. Try the trick of using the cut-out tool, just lightening the cut-out part, copying the lightened cut-out to the buffer. Then re-pasting it over the original. (Actually I use Photosuite 4 for that. It works much better than Photoshop).

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like what you did with the lightening of the buildings - it looks very eery. I agree that a little more precision with the technique is in order - but it is definately the right direction - looks good.

I confess that I went a bit mad with this. Hope you dont mind too much. It's all a bit red uptop now!!!!

[Image: 5_91_EveningSky.jpg]

Cave canem

...or a somewhat more subtle approach...btw: sorry for messing with your photo unasked...

[Image: 79_mod.jpg]

Wow! No need for apologies, it looks great! I wouldn't call it "messing" either... Smile

Thanks, Don and Toad! I will give it another try then - with more precision.

You're welcome. It's a great shot.

For the record (Photoshop CS):

- select black area at the bottom of the original photo with magic wand
- feather selection 2 px.
- lighten the selected area with levels to the church level of lightness
- use history brush to "paint" the original black into the trees
- saturate the whole photo about 17%
- unsharpen mask - 20, 3 0

I'm not hurt Sad

Cave canem

The buildings look very Harry Potteresque!

StudioJ Wrote:The buildings look very Harry Potteresque!

That's what I was thinking!

Actually I kinda like the foggy look to the original, though the retouches are very good too.

Hey guerito... I like the shot, and your attempt too... at first it thought it was fog/smoke from the chimney Smile

But the colour is wonderful - the sky really complements the colour of the buildings.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jul 14, 2016, 13:17
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Apr 30, 2015, 22:52
Last Post by Jeffbridge
May 24, 2014, 09:57