Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3rd place

Big Grin

http://www.zeiss.com/photo

Placed 3rd in Zeiss Creative Impressions Contest 2007.

Got a fancy webcamera with Carl Zeiss optics.

First contest iv entered, w00t!Tongue

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

congratulations, good job!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Congratulations!! wonderful feeling it must be. You deserved it.
I assume that is you family again in the picture?

Uli

Congrats! Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Congratulations! That's a really impressive achievement.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanx guys!Smile

Yes Uli, thats my brother in the forground holding my daughter amy, my daughter jemima tossing stuff up in the air, and my brothers wife, and last my wife in the background. Big Grin

Congrats Paul! Truly deserving... Big Grin

Fantastic Paul - the first of many awards I think.

Canon stuff.

hi class competition. Congratulations

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Sorry to be late in the party here... Wink

Congratulations Paul!

You have been worked so much to improve your photography... It is well deserved.

I also love the idea of your picture. The place you focused... Excellent!

Well, let me tell you that it is a bit uncommon to my style in photography, because I am used to focus in the fg subject and leave the story in the bg. But your picture is a great example of creativity. I love that!! Smile

Would you tell us a bit more of the story of this picture?
I mean, did you tried some more compositions? Did you tried to focus someone else? What makes you to decide this picture was the story?
Thanks Paul.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

That's a good photo and it deserved a high place in the contest.
I think the judges liked the smooth bokeh, and the brave choice of placing the focus where you did.

Thanx everyone for the kind words!

Irma

The photo is actually from the day i got the 100/2 ZF, my brother and his family came over to celebrate my birthday (one day late)

So i was eager to try it out to say the least. Big Grin

We are actually walking well all but Jemima who is tossing up the green stuff in the air, my goal was to focus on Sara, and i was half sucessful, the focus landed a little behind her.
It was a series of 5 shots, this was #1 of the 5.

5fps is handy at times.Wink

Here is a little animation showing the rest.
[Image: zf100.gif]

Here is a larger version of the #1
[Image: zf100_action.jpg]

I quite like the image and the display of selective focus, even though its far from perfect espeically on the technical side.

Well, first, a belated Happy Birthday!... Wink

Many things to learn from your picture, Paul.

One thing is to follow your subject in this case Sara with more than one shot. This makes your picture not to be an snap or a lucky shot. I read about this in a tutorial by a photographer. Interesting to see the result now in the practice.

The other thing is that, anyway, the story in a picture is more important than the technical aspect. You did it quite well... Wink

I just registered myself in a Canon contest that will take place in Europe. The first one I will be in. The first of May you may start uploading your picture. They have four categories (landscape, portrait, sports, macro). So far I haven't got anything really interesting, but only the bw picture you liked (the couple and the bikes). If I don't get anything better, I will submit that one. Problem is, that I wouldn't know whether submit it as a landscape or portrait picture. Let's see.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by oneBonBon
Oct 4, 2013, 23:03