• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Screw You!

[Image: AB_A6141_ST.jpg]
...I couldn't resist the title. Wink

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Big Grin lol

Love the title!

Looks very smooth, what lens and camera ?

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

hohoho the wall got screwed!
ISO 2500! is this some sort of 1d3 goodness?

Nice, great concept. Love the clean look... and the title is great! Big Grin

Funny... but I might crop to put the screw lower and righter.

I can see a full series coming out of this.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Neat photo--a trick piece of pop art. It would work in a gallery of government funded art.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

great, looks incredible sharp on the screw!

hehe thanks for the comments.

The lens is a Sigma 28mm f/1.8 EX DG Macro (camera is a 1DMk3). An optically wonderful lens that's unfairly neglected by me due entirely to the truly awful autofocus. It's better on a 1DMk3 than it was on my 30D, so I should be using it more now than I used to... but much of what I'm shooting these days relies on fast AF so this lens doesn't come out much unfortunately.
When it does eventually manage to get focused where you want it, the results are usually stunning though. It has a very distinctive and pleasing character about it that makes it really nice for people shots, and it's a great low-light performer.

I had just finished doing some AF microadjustments with this lens on my 1DMk3 and was wandering around the kitchen look for a couple of "real world" photos to test the AF and this screw in the wall caught my eye.

Matthew, I also thought the screw would look better down and to the right a bit and tried a few combinations but ended up choosing this version. The screw seems to need this amount of blank space around it to really get that stuck-in-the-middle-of-a-wall feel about it. Any more in the corner and it feels like it isn't screwed into the middle of a wall any more.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.