Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tianen'men Square and The Forbidden City

It is a very large square/oblong. It felt like a kilometre from one end to the other. Just found out it is 880 metres long and 500 metres wide.

One end.
[Image: IMG_0412.JPG]
Looking across.
[Image: IMG_0415.JPG]
Nearer the flags.
[Image: IMG_0417.JPG]

Gate of Heavenly Peace. Under portrait of Chairman Mao
[Image: IMG_0425.JPG]

Into the Forbidden City. A succession of very large walled courtyards with palaces and temples abounding
[Image: IMG_0433.JPG]

A waterway inside
[Image: IMG_0437.JPG]

Sunday best
[Image: IMG_0440.JPG]

Cauldron. Rubbing it for luck?
[Image: IMG_0456.JPG]

Pillars were of dragons or birds or clouds.
[Image: IMG_0457.JPG]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I like very much this place NT, specially your picture of the waterway... Very nice detail in the reflection and your composition works fine.

It looks like a sunny day, and you got a very nice exposure in your pictures. How did you meter the light?

I have problems with my pictures because sometimes I get chromatic aberration? and I have colorful lines the buildings where the contrast in harder. I really don't know if it might be the presets in my camera. I just reduced the contrast to 0, and I am planning to reduce also the sharpness as I have it in 6!!

Your pictures all look very clean with beautiful light and colors... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma.
I take most photo's with A/V and use either 1/3 or 2/3 exposure compensation.
Depending on the light, I try to meter between the sky and the mid dark areas so that I don't get sky blow out, and then recompose the image.
I only get CA with very high contrast pictures, so I try to avoid those.
The light in this series was between 0900 and 1300 and although slightly hazy (Beijing fog) it was sunny and warm.
Some of these would benefit from a little PP to bring detail out in the shadows, (which is there in the original full size version) but I have so many. I am trying to put a selection together on my webpage via jalbum but keep messing it up. Sad
Until I get a faster PC I don't think I will go down the RAW road.
I do a few now and again but without buying expensive PP programmes (lightroom, adobe cr3) it is not feasible for me.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Aug 31, 2011, 11:35