Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

River Rising

I went down to the river about a week ago (no, not to jump in, as someone asked me), because it seems like it has been such a long time since I’ve had a moment to just sit and relax. The Mississippi has been above flood stage for awhile and is just now starting to recede. Here are a few shots I took while I was down there.

[Image: DSC03343b.jpg]

[Image: DSC03320b.jpg]

[Image: DSC03331b.jpg]

[Image: DSC03268c.jpg]

[Image: DSC03400b.jpg]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Beautiful light in those shots.

what's with the ship, looks pretty stranded... ?

uli

Purdy!
Smile
Reminds me of reading Huck Finn.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Very nice pictures, I specially like #2... The silhouette of the man gives a lot to the picture I think. I like the composition too.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I agree with Irma I like #2 but #1 is my fav. Smile

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

Very interesting photo essay. I really like #4.

Thanks everyone. I’m glad you liked these. The towboat wasn’t stranded, thank goodness – just making his way down the river trying not to run into any trees. The man in shot #2 just walked into frame seconds before I was going to take a picture of just the tree, and walked away right after I took the shot. It was just one of those great split-second opportunities.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jjford43
Sep 10, 2017, 15:09