Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rows and Columns

Another from Gloucester cathedral, handheld with the 70-200f4L.

There's about 20 feet between columns. These are as chunky as they look, as they're from the earlier Norman part of the cathedral; we didn't start getting the hang of "more light, less stone" until at least the 12th/13th century. The local limestone gives it all a warm glow when the light hits.

[Image: ST-columns.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

What a nice contrast between the present and the past...interesting shot.
God Bless

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

I really like this. Well seen.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Brilliant composition Zig. As Matthew says; well seen!

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

beautiful,
I like the colors in the pews and they blend well with the tones in the bricks.
almost an abstract.

Uli

Great vision to capture this.

Wonderful shot Zig - so many good things about it. Line, colour, contrast and composition.

Canon stuff.

Wonderful angle... this is absolutely marvelous! Big Grin

I really like this shot. As an abstract it really works and the pale colors have a very special effect.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post