Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #77: Vision

Hey Irma,

you have written up a very clear outline of your development with the right picutres to illustrate it,
hat's off!
It's a characterisitc of yours that I admire, your work always seems to be very organised,
you often present projects of something and you will stick to an idea and improve the project until it is perfect.
For me, my pictures more seem to happen to me. Someone recently asked me,
why I take a picture, and I thought about it and said "actually I think the picture is already there, I am just the one who captures it"
That person thought I gave him a very odd answer, but that is how I feel.
In contrast, I think you have the ability to make you pictures, especially with your still lives!

but then, with all that organisation and creating our own pictures, I understand very well why you say

Irma Wrote:I have to get the picture no matter how....
(...) I miss very much this epoca because it was the time of discoveries...
I sometimes feel like I am already a slave of my own style I acquired, and less often than a couple of years ago does a picture I took really surprise me the way it turns out. so while it is a skill to predict or make your own picture, it takes some of the excitement out of the process.

Irma Wrote:I am afraid to develop an artistic vision that my audience rejects... and this has been my great confusion and somehow worriness in the past months... I don't want to go back to flowers for the acceptance, and because I have failed to express myself with my pictures.
To read this makes me a bit sad. Your artistic vision, well you have it or you don't, and I think it is a wonderful thing if you can say of yourself you have one! It should not be influenced or determined by what you think your audience might think of you, they will accept and love your work if it is genuine and expresses your character and vision. I believe that trying to create art for a certain audience will make your work flat, if you are trying to hide or supress or change part of what you are, any part of your vision, the result will have no meaning.

As you are experimenting with so many different things, from still lives to landscapes to portraits, and birds... I think you can just follow your instinct. Again I believe your art is already in you!

I don't know if I make sense here, maybe it's a bit early for this kind of discussion,
I just hope to often see a happy Irma sharing her exciting experiments with us rather then
finding a confused Irma stressed over how to please her audience.....

Greetings to all!!

Uli

Messages In This Thread
Assignment #77: Vision - by matthew - Jun 1, 2008, 20:38
Assignment #77: Vision - by wulinka - Jun 2, 2008, 04:52
Assignment #77: Vision - by wulinka - Jun 3, 2008, 22:49
Assignment #77: Vision - by matthew - Jun 4, 2008, 20:19
Assignment #77: Vision - by wulinka - Jun 6, 2008, 08:25
Assignment #77: Vision - by Irma - Jun 6, 2008, 13:28
Assignment #77: Vision - by wulinka - Jun 6, 2008, 17:47
Assignment #77: Vision - by matthew - Jun 6, 2008, 19:03
Assignment #77: Vision - by matthew - Jun 8, 2008, 14:55