Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #77: Vision

Uli,
Your second pictures makes me think very much about your actual work with your series small world. However I see that you have change a bit your style in this last series, as if your were giving more information?

you commented...

Quote:However, I know a lot of people get irritated about this use of photography.
Was this change in your series Small World intentional?

Also makes me think that after your stay in China and all your journalistic material you come back to a meeting point, but now with the experience you have acquired in that country.

Matthew,
When I think about your pictures, the first thing that comes to me very well cared architecture photography ... very clean and sharp pictures with consistent composition. Very much like your first picture indeed. In some way easy to understand.

When I saw the first time your recent series of the zoo I thought I didn't like it, that is why I didn't make any comment on it, because I thought I had nothing to say, but looking at them again and reading the comments you got in your series. I became interested, and thought I was missing the point.... when I read again "same planet, different worlds" and placed your pictures in this context I understood your approach, and I liked it. I understood why the emphasis in the fences and your series made me think that sometimes I say I don't like it but it is because I don't understand it, and this part when you say...

Quote:and my challenge for the second half of this assignment will be to create something that expresses an opinion instead of a relationship.
confirmed what I thought... I hadn't understood... Matthew I like your series very much... and I find very interesting this new approach in your photography.

I thank very much Uli, Matthew and Keith for your comments about my post. Many thoughts I will keep very close to me always I am sure. Smile

The great thing in this assignment is that it makes you think about your pictures, not as single images but as a whole... about the intention in your photography. It helps a lot to put your ideas in the right place.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Messages In This Thread
Assignment #77: Vision - by matthew - Jun 1, 2008, 20:38
Assignment #77: Vision - by wulinka - Jun 2, 2008, 04:52
Assignment #77: Vision - by wulinka - Jun 3, 2008, 22:49
Assignment #77: Vision - by matthew - Jun 4, 2008, 20:19
Assignment #77: Vision - by wulinka - Jun 6, 2008, 08:25
Assignment #77: Vision - by Irma - Jun 6, 2008, 13:28
Assignment #77: Vision - by wulinka - Jun 6, 2008, 17:47
Assignment #77: Vision - by matthew - Jun 6, 2008, 19:03
Assignment #77: Vision - by matthew - Jun 8, 2008, 14:55
Assignment #77: Vision - by Keith Alan - Jun 9, 2008, 04:31