Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Camera in the Garden

I bought a Canon 40D last week – my first DSLR. Big Grin Here are some of my first shots with it.

[Image: 2733795730_854a07f21d.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2721743616_445770cc80.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2721743628_e89eafaac9.jpg?v=0]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Welcome to the club!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thank you sir.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Very nice photos, and congratulations. I'm guessing that you got the 17-85 lens with it? I'd love to hear what you think of the new camera experience.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Congrats to the new toy, The 40D is a fine piece of art, Good choice, Now the never ending quest for the best lens begins, Welcome to the club... Wink

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Thanks guys. I am loving this camera. I have so many more options now, and so much more to learn, which makes me feel all that more involved in the creative process. I actually bought the camera body only and then got the 50 mm f/1.8 and the 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, and then got to play some with a friend's Sigma 150 mm (I didn't want to give it back), and yes, I’m already thinking about what lens to get next.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 13, 2017, 15:50
Last Post by GrahamS
Nov 1, 2017, 03:56
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 27, 2017, 10:08