Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slideshow

My first flash slideshow...Big Grin (turn on your speakers)

The images are from a wedding i did this summer. (slideshow contains just a few of the images i delivered)

I usually dont do weddings, and there is a reason for it, im terrified of them.Tongue

But from time to time i get requests from friends/family to do them, and often im not really given a choice.Big Grin

The wedding ceremony where outdoors as you can see. It was 35+ celcius so i must confess it was probebly my most physical challenging shoot iv ever made. Tongue

Location is the Swedish archipelago outside Stockholm city.

Critique is MOST welcome.

Kindest

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

I was really touched by this and the lovely wedding. I liked the mix of (apparently) candid and posed shots.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanx Don, glad you liked it.Smile

Did the slideshow play okay on your computer ? was the transitions smooth ?
Was the loading time acceptable ?
Kindest

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Hi, Paul!

I found your slideshow to be quite evocative. I was very impressed with the opening sequence of the still life to set the mood, as well as some of the unusual (to me at least) close up images. I also liked the way you posed the couple in some shots using selective focus. The choice of the music was brilliant.

I understand why you might be hesitant to photograph a wedding, but it appears that you did a great job. I'm sure the happy couple will appreciate your efforts.

Regards,

.....Dennis

Everything worked fine for me.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I have reloaded windows into my pc and just nicely got back on line.
This is really good Paul, and I wish you had been around when my wedding took place.
You have nothing to fear as a wedding photographer. I have not seen many wedding albums but I would say this has knocked me out.
I spent an hour looking at my neighbour's son's photo's on a photographers site and I was rather dissapointed and bored with them.
The slide show went fine (transitions and loading time good) until about 4 shots from the end, when the music stopped so did the slide show. But it was easy to get the remaining ones on screen.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

First of all, everything work fine for me technically. (Mac OSX.something, Safari) It loaded and played through, and then I re-watched it without any difficulty at all.

One thing that really stood out for me is that you're clearly a portrait photographer, and not a wedding photographer. You have an approach and style that's unlike what I've seen before. (I admit that I don't seek out wedding photos.) In particular your choosing to photograph only the bride or the groom rather than The Happy Couple as a unit stood out. I found that quite refreshing, and it created some really nice images with artistic value in and of themselves rather than simply a chronicle of the event.

Although with that said, I also really liked the photos of the couple taken on the dock during dusk. Here you seemed to be more in your element, and had some control over the lighting. (It was probably also cooler. Big Grin) The photograph with him doing his 'thinker' pose while she's looking at him out of the corner of her eyes made me laugh.

The sequencing of the photos seemed a little odd. I'm assuming that the sequence is essentially chronological and the slideshow is intended for the family, guests, and those who know the couple but may not have been able to attend, and so they would understand the order better than I do. But the inclusion of the place settings and reception facilities seemed out of place at the beginning, and then nothing more came of it. (The short story rule of "don't mention a gun unless it's going to be fired" may apply here.) There are two photographs of the altar, one before the ceremony and one during, but nothing else is included and these may have been more effective as a pair. Finally, the photos at the very end of the slideshow don't match the evening lighting with the rich blue skies, which would have formed a satisfying end to the presentation.

And I feel very old.... Big Grin

It looks like it was a fantastic day, and you did a great job capturing it.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Very beautiful series Paul. I like very much your sepia treatment, it looks very elegant and not so warm. Also the color pictures are great, lovely colors and light. I agree with Matthew's comment about the pictures at the very end.

Thanks for sharing.. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 5, 2009, 22:04