Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Laughing water

this little waterfall is just a wispy trickle compared to its springtime torrent, when it's fueled by melting snow from the mountain above... but i rather liked the low-flow version. it's right next to a road, and most folks stop and stand on the bridge to view it, but clambering over some rocks and logs onto a ledge at the bottom of the upper falls yields a much nicer view... 40D, Tammy 17-35 @ 17mm with grad ND4. 1/6 sec @ f/22 nominal, 3 frames @ +1/0/-1 processed in Photomatix...

[Image: IMG_3580_78_79sm.jpg]

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

What I like the most in this picture is the lower part. The light in the rocks is lovely! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Keep clambering if that is the sort of shot you get. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Blistering! Definitely the best use of Photomatix(without horizons)...did you still need the grad then, seeing as you were bracketing? That said, I'm full on with the idea of getting it right at the front end; masterful stuff again.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

thanks, everyone!

Zig, i kept the grad ND on, as the top of the cataract was very bright, while the bottom was quite dark. the filter helped even it out some, and blending the bracketed exposures in Photomatix did the rest.

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Sep 7, 2015, 11:49
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 20, 2015, 11:36