Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monitor calibration

Just wondering how everyone calibrates their monitors? Anyway, I stumbled upon some free software called calibrize - that:

Calibrize is free software that helps you to calibrate the colors of your monitor in three simple steps. Just download the software and follow the procedure to generate a reliable color 'profile' and adjust the colors of your monitor automatically.

http://www.calibrize.com/

• Works quickly, easily and reliably, even if you don't know the first thing
...about screen calibration
• Works for CRT monitors, (flat) LCD monitors and even beamers
• Reads out the color data (EDID) from your monitor
• Produces an ICC monitor profile
• Installs the profile into the appropriate system folder
• Loads a set of adjusted values into the lookup table (LUT) of your video card
• Gives background information about the process
• Cooperates seamlessly with other graphical software

I use the Colorvision Spyder 2 Pro.

That Calibrize looks interesting, but they need to post some screen shots. Is it more than just a robust Adobe Gamma?

I've used WiziWyg XP with good luck, but that's basically a better Adobe Gamma. It's free for home use on monitors:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Busin...ziWYG.html

But I just got a new Spyder 3 Pro thanks to a barter arrangement at work and it is really excellent. Makes the new HP monitor look great! Much better than I could do by eye.

Looking in with interest.:|

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I use the Spyder 3 pro, but at the moment my problem is about light. I have a window in the roof just behind my chair, so I have a lot of light in my monitor. I really don't know how much this might affect or not, I haven't calibrated my monitor so far.

Meanwhile I am looking for some blinds for the window, but I haven't found the proper ones $$$$$ Sad

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Well I splashed out and bought the HP LP1965 (p-mva) monitor, for the good old price of £210 00. Which I think at the present time is a bargain.
It is up and running and has built in calibration either with a wizard or manually. Plus I have 'Pivot pro' soft ware for portrait mode.
The stand has height, tilt, turn, and rotate. 4 usb ports. Whooo-whoo. Big Grin Big Grin
No on or off pixels so far, touch wood. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post