Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The new gallery is OPEN! - Fogo Island

The new "Fogo Gallery On Church Hill" is now open to the public. This gallery features thirty of my framed Fogo Island landscapes and panoramas, as well as hundreds of unframed images. It is located in the former United Church, constructed in 1877, in the town of Fogo, Newfoundland.

Below is an interior shot of the gallery taken yesterday, and shows some of my framed prints. The second picture shows the exterior.

Yesterday I was thrilled to learn that Canadian Geographic plans to publish my entire series of "Africa Candid Portraits", in the September issue of the magazine. This is very exciting news for me; with a readership of 4.5 million people, the added exposure should be immense.

Glen
http://www.focusonnewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC00761_stitch1000pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC04261a.jpg]

Hi Glen, this is so nice, in many ways I'm impressed so much. I haven't any idea about Fogo Island and of course I haven't known you before too, your photography brought all these nice things to my humble world. I admire so much. And you are a nice photographer too. This church seems so lovely and how beautiful it is also a gallery, my admiration is great. Good Luck for this beautiful news and be sure how I wished to be a visitor there. But thank you that you shared and carried me into this voyage in my mind.

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

http://www.focusonnewfoundland.com

And I should say this too, I visited this link now, you are right about these words that you say "Every day nature provides something beautiful to witness. The key is having our eyes and souls open enough to see it. As a photographer, it is my purpose to capture these moments. I capture what I see, but more importantly, what I feel. I want you to feel them too, to experience them, and not merely look at them." Exactly you capture all these unbelievable moments and I can feel, maybe not as yours, but I feel. I loved these photos, the colours and the clarity are amazing, as if I can enter into the picture, how it would be so nice... During spring and summer seems the calmness is unbelievable. Peaceful touches, like a heaven... but I guess during winter everything changes, am I right? Thank you Glen,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Thank-you Nia, for your very kind words; it means a lot to me.
I think you would enjoy the winter months here also, as you will not find a more beautiful and peaceful place as Fogo Island in winter. The land is so purely white, without a single trace of pollution, or noise, or traffic. Just pure white serenity, where you can even walk great distances on the frozen North Atlantic Ocean. Our doors are never locked, and nobody has any need to take their keys from their cars, as crime is non-existent. But the real treat here is the people; Newfoundlanders are world famous for their warmth and hospitality. You are welcomed into everyone's kitchen for a hot cup of coffee and wonderful conversation, everywhere you go, all of the time.
I hope that you will one day have a chance to visit Newfoundland.
Thanks again for your comments, Nia.
Glen
FocusOnNewfoundland.com

camperbc Wrote:Thank-you Nia, for your very kind words; it means a lot to me.
I think you would enjoy the winter months here also, as you will not find a more beautiful and peaceful place as Fogo Island in winter. The land is so purely white, without a single trace of pollution, or noise, or traffic. Just pure white serenity, where you can even walk great distances on the frozen North Atlantic Ocean. Our doors are never locked, and nobody has any need to take their keys from their cars, as crime is non-existent. But the real treat here is the people; Newfoundlanders are world famous for their warmth and hospitality. You are welcomed into everyone's kitchen for a hot cup of coffee and wonderful conversation, everywhere you go, all of the time.
I hope that you will one day have a chance to visit Newfoundland.
Thanks again for your comments, Nia.
Glen
FocusOnNewfoundland.com
You are welcome Glen. I can imagine how beautiful. This is what I miss. Here, I am living with alarm system at my home! As you mentioned there are so much noise, traffic ect.too... I am so glad to learn more about Newfoundlander, how beautiful you shared once again. You are so nice. Thanks, God Bless you,

have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post