Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Star is Born

[Image: p10.jpg]

[Image: 48_p1.jpg]

[Image: p8a.jpg]

A star is born... what can I say, I did something with my camera instead of my words,

Thanks for visiting and watching.
With my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

[Image: new5.jpg]

[Image: new6.jpg]

Another try during night, used flash and automatic mod for closer shots, I don't have right now macro lens so I try to find the exact solution for this kind of photographs. For me, as if these last shots are better!

Thanks and love,
nia

Ansel Adams

[Image: 1ab.jpg]

[Image: 10abfedd.jpg]

[Image: son11.jpg]

I used manual and tried to be closer more than the others and here a new set for this flower shots. I know I need macro lens and also tripod, in soon I am planning to buy them, but now, I try to make practice.

Thank you.
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

The last two are good Nia - difficult to shoot this without a macro lens. Have you considered an extension tube? They can be had quite cheap - although manual focus only unless you buy the canon one (which is expensive). They allow you to shoot macro with a normal lens.

Canon stuff.

Good suggestion regarding extension tubes. I have a set of 3 Kenko extension tubes that work great with the Canon kit lens (at the longish end) and that allow auto everything. They are much cheaper than Canon. They are more fiddly than a macro lens, but a lot cheaper for occasional use and provide lots of fun. Try ebay.

Consider also a close focusing longer lens. I use Nikon 70-300. I believe that Canon's 80-400 (?) works very well too. It is a more expensive, but more versatile (sports and wildlife photography, street photography) and less fidly solution than the extension tubes.

Pavel

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Wedding Shooter Wrote:The last two are good Nia - difficult to shoot this without a macro lens. Have you considered an extension tube? They can be had quite cheap - although manual focus only unless you buy the canon one (which is expensive). They allow you to shoot macro with a normal lens.
Yes, in every practice something improves and I learn too. I know, these kind of shoots are not easu without macro lens. Extension tube? I searched now, but I think, I will buy Canon again, and I just make some plans econonically, this is my dream, and also I want to buy tripod and zoom lens too. But not all of them at one timeSmile Right now, I trt to learn my camera and try to get used to it. Thank you Chris, your any word, help, suggestion is much appreciated and so precious. I'll keep them all.

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

enviroguy Wrote:Good suggestion regarding extension tubes. I have a set of 3 Kenko extension tubes that work great with the Canon kit lens (at the longish end) and that allow auto everything. They are much cheaper than Canon. They are more fiddly than a macro lens, but a lot cheaper for occasional use and provide lots of fun. Try ebay.
Hi Dennis, Really! I have just been saying to Chris, to buy Canon, I don't know right know, I am not in hurry so I can wait and I can buy Canon but it needs time a little bit. Thank you so much, much appreciated your words, helps me.

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Dreamingpixels Wrote:Consider also a close focusing longer lens. I use Nikon 70-300. I believe that Canon's 80-400 (?) works very well too. It is a more expensive, but more versatile (sports and wildlife photography, street photography) and less fidly solution than the extension tubes.

Pavel
Ah! Yes they are all expensive... I searched today on google, Amazon, but here there is our friend he is selling Canon, even my camera we bought from him. So probably I will buy again from this man. But not soon. I am so exciting about macro and also night shots! I know these are really difficult but this is my dream. Thank you so much that you shared with me, much appreciated. You are all so nice, Chris, Dennis and You,
all your advises are great for me.

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Hi Nia,

I have seen that you like Macro photography. Before I got my macro lens I worked with a raynox adapter. I am quite pleased with it!

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/...index.html

They have a great variety and the best is that you can use your regular lens! I have diopter 25 but you can see which one you like the most, the great thing is that you don't need to carry a special lens with you to take really great macros, the adapter comes in a plastic box more or less the size of an apple. To mount it is very easy, I really love it! I use it mainly for my 85mm and 50mm lens.

Here is one example in #1 and #2.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewto...0605#60605

I hope you find this useful! Smile
Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great to see you posting here again Irma.

Canon stuff.

Irma Wrote:Hi Nia,

I have seen that you like Macro photography. Before I got my macro lens I worked with a raynox adapter. I am quite pleased with it!

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/...index.html

They have a great variety and the best is that you can use your regular lens! I have diopter 25 but you can see which one you like the most, the great thing is that you don't need to carry a special lens with you to take really great macros, the adapter comes in a plastic box more or less the size of an apple. To mount it is very easy, I really love it! I use it mainly for my 85mm and 50mm lens.

Here is one example in #1 and #2.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewto...0605#60605

I hope you find this useful! Smile
Irma.
How you made me happy Irma! Thank you. I noted all your suggestions. I am planning to buy macro lens, I am so exciting for this, like a child who begins at school. But without these feelings can't go on, I love photography. Wait and see what will be then ?

Once again thank you Irma, how precious your words and your coming back.
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

You're welcome Nia..

Macro photography is really beautiful. I would also suggest that you think well what kind of macros you want to take, what you like the most. This could help a lot to chose the lense you need. It is very different to take pictures with a 50mm macro, a 100mm macro, or a 180mm macro.

Thanks so much for your kind comments, in other posts Nia... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Yes. Missed you Irma and your lovely comments.. And, (oh what is her name) Eureka! ! Wulinka the german lady who tought school in china. She came back home and disappeared. Triads? Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Great to see you posting here again Irma.
Thanks Chris.... Smile

NT...

Uli is doing fine. We used to meet often to go shooting or just enjoy a nice dinner at home, as we live relatively close. At the moment, she is working for the government in an educational program that keeps her far from home. She is also taking all pictures for the press. She is really loaded with work at the moment. She will be back home in few months... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I saw Uli in Europe about a year ago - she had a broken arm then - but definitely alive and well Smile

Canon stuff.

I am so glad to see you all here,

Have a nice day and nice shots,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Thanks for the updates Irma. NT73

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:I saw Uli in Europe about a year ago - she had a broken arm then - but definitely alive and well Smile
She had hard time with that arm, I remember...

Btw, we talked about you and your visit to Europe. She was very happy to have met you. It was sad to me that I was not here when you came... I would have loved to meet you too. Maybe next time... Wink

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:
Wedding Shooter Wrote:I saw Uli in Europe about a year ago - she had a broken arm then - but definitely alive and well Smile

Btw, we talked about you and your visit to Europe. She was very happy to have met you. It was sad to me that I was not here when you came... I would have loved to meet you too. Maybe next time... Wink
Do you all know, I am so happy now, because this is exactly "A Star is Born" once again for "Shuttertalk", How beautiful to see you all, thank you for everyone, you are all my beautiful photographers. And I am being impressed by all your works. By the way I will go and find Uli's works too, I haven't seen them yet. You have a great history in this forum, it would be so nice for me. Thanks for this too.

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Irma Wrote:

I was also really sad to miss you on that trip. I may be going back to Germany in 2011 for Faber-Castell's 250th anniversary. I know it is a long way away Smile

It was great meeting Uli - she is so sweet and beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Plantsman
Feb 27, 2015, 05:03