Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Back From Hibernation! - Fogo Island

I haven't been around the forums much these past few weeks; between getting the gallery up and running, (with the grand opening reception a couple of weeks ago) the weather not really cooperating, and the usual health issues, I haven't had much opportunity to get outside with my cameras. Now here we are, at the end of summer, and very few new photographs to show, but I am hoping that it will be a good September, and looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Here's a few recent shots from my Sony DSLR, which should show that the included kit lens is not nearly so terrible as some people on these forums would have you believe. I have yet to see any edge/corner softness, and I am always amazed at just how sharp this lens really can be.

Nothing special this time around, just a few from down by my shoreline, all handheld, as usual.

Glen
http://www.focusonnewfoundland.com

no shortage of rocks on our shore!
[Image: DSC01066_fhdra850pix.jpg]

just experimenting with selective color
[Image: DSC00718a800pix.jpg]

looking toward the island in front of our place
[Image: DSC01083a750pix.jpg]

tried out my latest lens (Minolta 75-300mm)
[Image: DSC00734a750pix.jpg]

standing on our wharf
[Image: DSC00862a750pix.jpg]

3 shots stitched together using Microsoft ICE
[Image: DSC01060_stitch1000pix.jpg]

Hi Glen, I am glad to see you again, your photography always interesting and so nice for me. And I hope you are better now about your health issues. and also I hope the gallery went nicely, actually I am sure because of your works. About these photographs. As I said your photography fascinates me and I love how you capture. I can't talk about technical things, you know I am not a photographer like you all, I am a simple watcher and a lover of photography. I loved all them but there are my favurites here, 1, 2 and 5. They are amazing. Thank you, I wish you to have a nice autumn and nice shots,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post