Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Peach Melba

Peaches are going to be Peach Melba but before this, they are being my first kitchen shots with this new camera.
Because of its colours, fascinates me.

1)
[Image: 58_5ab.jpg]

2)
[Image: 14ab.jpg]

3)
[Image: 20ab.jpg]

Thanks and Love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Hi, Nia!

I really like #1 with its colour and interesting foreground and background. Lighting is good. Unfortunately, #2 and #3 are completely out of focus, although the peaches do look really yummy. Getting so close is very tricky...you have very little depth of field to work with. Careful focusing, a small aperature, using the depth of field preview button and perhaps a tripod is called for with such close shots. (I hope you don't mind me commenting on this since you have posted in Snapshots category).

Regards.....Dennis

enviroguy Wrote:Hi, Nia!

I really like #1 with its colour and interesting foreground and background. Lighting is good. Unfortunately, #2 and #3 are completely out of focus, although the peaches do look really yummy. Getting so close is very tricky...you have very little depth of field to work with. Careful focusing, a small aperature, using the depth of field preview button and perhaps a tripod is called for with such close shots. (I hope you don't mind me commenting on this since you have posted in Snapshots category).

Regards.....Dennis
Dennis of course I don't. Your any word, any suggestion much appreciated for me. I noted all your points. For the next time I hope it would be better. And yes, tripod again. I know, I know I need this one. Thank you so much, you are so nice,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Unfortunately, #2 and #3 are completely out of focus,
Regards.....Dennis
A little harsh Dennis.
I see the focus as very narrow. Across the stones in 2, and about 2/3rds up in 3 but they do look OOF.
But your points are valid. Tripod/sturdy platform, and stop down will improve this. And the 17-55 kit lens ain't no L.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT, upon reflection, your comments regarding focus are more accurate. The 2 photos are not completely out of focus; rather a little out of focus.

Nia, I can see that you are making progress with your photography, and I congratulate you for trying new things. I suspect that you got some inspiration from Irma's images, which is always a good thing.

Regards.....Dennis

NT73 Wrote:

Unfortunately, #2 and #3 are completely out of focus,
Regards.....Dennis
A little harsh Dennis.
I see the focus as very narrow. Across the stones in 2, and about 2/3rds up in 3 but they do look OOF.
But your points are valid. Tripod/sturdy platform, and stop down will improve this. And the 17-55 kit lens ain't no L.
I think I can understand dear NT, I have been learning still and I am not a photographer like most of you. Thank you so much, you are always so nice to me.

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

enviroguy Wrote:NT, upon reflection, your comments regarding focus are more accurate. The 2 photos are not completely out of focus; rather a little out of focus.

Nia, I can see that you are making progress with your photography, and I congratulate you for trying new things. I suspect that you got some inspiration from Irma's images, which is always a good thing.

Regards.....Dennis
I always get some inspirations from all beautiful photographers. These peaches photos are not new, it has been for a while. Of course I am trying to make some progress with my new camera. I am not a photographer like most of you, and I am learning. But not only my camera, or photography, I also learn how to make a comment too for a photograph. I am new in this field. Thank you once again, especially for your congrats.

Have a nice day and nice shots,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

I like this series... very well narrated with images... Smile

There is always a way for not to use tripod... I use tripod very seldom... I feel that it limits a lot my creativity.... rotating the camera, going easily up and down... That is why I try to use flash most of the time off camera so I have a shutter speed that let me freely compose my stills.

Food photography is one of the most difficults to me, and I haven't done much of it, really.... everytime I do something disappoints me... you did well... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I wonder if anyone is really pleased with a photo after looking at it for a long while.
I mean when you first see it then "wow". Next time you see it "Mmhh not bad". Next time "could be better."
Others photo's you only see once.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Irma Wrote:I like this series... very well narrated with images... Smile

There is always a way for not to use tripod... I use tripod very seldom... I feel that it limits a lot my creativity.... rotating the camera, going easily up and down... That is why I try to use flash most of the time off camera so I have a shutter speed that let me freely compose my stills.

Food photography is one of the most difficults to me, and I haven't done much of it, really.... everytime I do something disappoints me... you did well... Wink
Dear Irma, everything is new for me in photography. I was taking some photos and also I attended a course too many years ago with an old style camera, everything is manual, you can remember. But as I explained in another topic today, photography didn't take a first place in my life. Between night and day, writing and reading always made busy my mind. But especially with this site and also with some unexpected things in my life, I found myself in photography. And my husband made me a surprise and he bought me my new camera... Then I am here and I try to take some photographs. Of course, as if I am a beginner once again. I don't have so many opportunities for outside right now, so I try to make practice indoors. This one simultaneously happened in my kitchen while I was there for cooking them. But now, after all your beautiful comments I am learning the details and I know what I can do next time. Thank you so much for being here and sharing with me. So precious for me.

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

NT73 Wrote:I wonder if anyone is really pleased with a photo after looking at it for a long while.
I mean when you first see it then "wow". Next time you see it "Mmhh not bad". Next time "could be better."
Others photo's you only see once.
For me, you know I am not a photographer and I may not read well enough a photograph. But for me, it is same as reading a poem, what a photograph makes to me, in my mind or in my heart, I try to share it. But of course there can't be technical points or high quality notes about a photograph.

By the way photographs are the voyage too... You find yourself in one's world that are taken by an eye of heart. This is exciting and nice. Like reading a new poem... It can be discussed is it good one or bad but photograph talks, says something to us.

Thank you so much dear NT, I talked so much more than my works. Smile

Have a nice day and shots,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

You don't need to make a "technical" comment about a picture to make the photographer happy... I think the photographer knows what he did, what settings he used to achieve that image... I think what he/she is more interested is whether the photograph expresses what he/she wanted to...

If you give in your comments your impression about the picture, what you feel, why you like it or not... it is really fine...

I used to think the same as you, the more I learned about photography and discovered or read how the photographer got this or that effect, the more I parted from the essence of an image, to the point that I only saw images based on lines, forms, lights and shadows, I didn't look at the assets but looking for imperfections, mistakes, or no-nos and thought how it would look better... I lost the eye to see a picture as an expressive image... as an extension of the photographer thoughts and feelings that was telling me something.... Regardless the way he/she had done it.

I worked in a series for many months, and the first people I showed my pictures were people that had nothing to do with photgraphy. They were so happy to see it... Comments were in the lines of Oh, that is funny!... That is so sweet! Then I showed it to some photographers, and the first thing was... how you did it? Oh, but it is not sharp.... and there is no composition to speak of...

See the difference...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Your words say everything. This is great Irma. Actually I am not far from all these points, I will remember your beautiful advises. And also you made me feel better now. Irma, how nice you are here again, thank you. Your experiences and your sharing are great.

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Lovely shots conveying the story of your "outing" in the kitchen.

Canon stuff.

Thank you Chris,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams