Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Water Drops

Inspired by Keith and Playing with water drops.....

[Image: Water_Drop_001_-_11-19-209.jpg]

[Image: Water_Drop_002_-_11-19-209.jpg]

Setup was done with my 50D, Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro lens and Canon 580 EXII.
Flash was mounted off camera and pointed at a gold reflector behind the water bowl.
I suspended a zip lock with 3 glasses of water in it over the water bowl and made a single pin hole in the bottom, this gave a steady stream of water droplets and meant I didn't have to drip them with one hand and trip the trigger with the other. It also meant I was able to bold a pointer at the place the water was landing, and focus on that manually.

Shot on Fully Manual, F9 to F11, 1/250th, ISO 100. Camera was tripoded and the Flash was camera right.

I didn't have gel packs to color the light, so I shot on Flash WB for the green one (The bowl was green) and on Tungsten to get the blue one.

Very nice work and beautiful colors. I never get tired of these drops of water shots...

I remember my experience with my water drops photography and it was a mess with the water, but along with the mess there was a lot of fun too... Smile

Your pictures are fantastic, Craig... and I just love the star you got on them... that is a nice touch.
Beautiful colors too. They are very sharp and have great movement...

Inspiring work this one... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Beautiful! Love the little sparkle in the drop... Big Grin

I shot over 200 frames... these two had the star bursts. None of the others did.

I bought a new lens last week and so far am loving it. The 150mm F2.8 Sigma Macro lens. It's a little slow focusing but made these shots much easier to capture, and kept my camera safely our of splash range. My working distance was around 3 feet. Any closer and I missed parts of the splashes sometimes.

Thanks for the comments Smile

EnglishBob Wrote:I shot over 200 frames... these two had the star bursts. None of the others did.

I bought a new lens last week and so far am loving it. The 150mm F2.8 Sigma Macro lens. It's a little slow focusing but made these shots much easier to capture, and kept my camera safely our of splash range. My working distance was around 3 feet. Any closer and I missed parts of the splashes sometimes.

Thanks for the comments Smile
wonderful work, I loved especially the blue one...

Thank you,
have a nice weekend,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 14, 2017, 15:25
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 4, 2015, 11:44