Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Street scene

When I was in Mexico last year I took a series of 5 pictures of these nuns.... The street was crowded and I think this is the best of all... However the picture didn't tell much... Looking at the white wall they were passing by, I thought about using it to place a contrasting idea... this is what I got..

Any advice is very welcome... Smile

[Image: IMG_2506-Edit-2.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wonderful shot!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Love it Irma! The contrast couldn't be more obvious.

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thanks Don, Jerry for your comment... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I love this shot. I think that it is fresh, funny, and irreverent without being offensive.

Because this is the critiques section, I am going to make a suggestion.

Crop this photo to a perfect square - it has as much vertical as horizontal. I would cut the trailing nun out completely, and center the cut somewhere in the middle of the tree. Its a wonderful shot and the square format is all about presentation.

Thanks Toad for your comment... Smile

I got rid of one nun at the left and I was wondering about the one at the right as the pictures developes in the center...Here is the square crop... I see it more focused in what is happening. I don't think I am missing anything of what I have cropped...

[Image: 92_IMG_2506-Edit-2.jpg]

Thanks for the advice... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Excellent - I think this crop has superior focus as well...

Tell me about the Tattoo image. You imply that you added it. It is very skillfully done as the wall and paint textures are over top of the image.

Thanks for the complement, Toad... Smile

I think I was lucky to have a white wall where the nuns were walking so I masked the wall, then some modification to the selection to cut the white halo around the nuns and pasted my tatoo image I had already cleaned with the lasso tool... I had to resize and work my perspective to match the wall... The sign had its own texture so I left as it was... My picture was meant to be color but I was not sure about the colors... they were too saturated... I worked my bw and I everything worked perfect....

Here is the tattoo image... original composition in this picture was to work some kind of repetition, but I think both together work much better ...

[Image: IMG_2511-Edit.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Great PhotoShopping, Irma!

Thanks... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Great work Irma - I am really liking what you have done here.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Oct 9, 2017, 10:51
Last Post by webber
Aug 4, 2016, 13:14
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 29, 2016, 02:30