Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spoonbill

At a wildlife centre.
[Image: stork1.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wow ! Must be perfect then. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Nice sharp image - shows the bird to best advantage including great captures of its bill and crest.

I would like to see a shallower DOF to blur the beams in the background even more. I think I would consider removing the vertical post in the mid-ground altogether.

NT, I love the fine detail on this photo, the eye detail and the subtle colors, but I do tend to agree with Robert - I would consider cleaning up the background - it was the first thought I had looking at the photo. P

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

NT73 Wrote:Wow ! Must be perfect then. Big Grin
Sorry NT I didn't see your picture before...

I agree with the comments before. I would add that I see it a bit dark, I think your picture is missing light, you could work the highlights just with a bit of curves.

I like the colors and all but, have you considered a bw conversion on your image?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for all your comments and I apologise for my light hearted sarcasm. Wink

I also felt the bamboo sticking up did not belong. The background is a very large netted walk in cage, which I was on the outside of, in a very tight spot.

DOF. Yes I agree, but the camera used (TZ5 ) is not aperture/speed changeable. I have to fool the camera with either EV or by using spot metering and moving the composition.
But it can be done in PS. I will have a go later, and maybe B&W as well. Smile

Lumix LX5.