Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the sleeper

[Image: holga%20neg%2001-test.jpg]

this was scanned directly off the negative with a normal flatbed scanner (without any attachments) then used PS to invert the negative to get the image. the acutal print was way underexposed and too dark to show anything.

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

It is a pretty cool effect...

It looks like a movie frame from a old silent movie. Unfortunately the details are too dim. This could have been a good photo without the tricks.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I love it! If it were hanging on an art gallery wall, I'd probably study it for hours, trying to decipher the meaning behind it. Big Grin

thanks for the comments guys, this is acutally one of my favourite pictures and one of the rare reasonable 'people' shots i manage to take.

Don, no tricks were done. the camera did all the work. i was just experimenting with my scanner trying to get an image out of a negative that made a very poor print.

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

I think its a great shot. I like the additional "look". Nice capture.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"