Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fisheye fun

Here is a fisheye shot taken at work last night using my newly acquired nikon 10.5 f2.8 DX fisheye. Nikon capture software has the capability of correcting (for the most part, the perspective with the click of a button).

I have a bunch more interesting shots. This was a quick post. Will send more another time.

[Image: 37222526.jpg]

[Image: 37222531.jpg]

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Nice piece of glass! Certainly makes for some interesting effects! Big Grin

(Insert deliberate attempt to provoke conversation) I suppose if you were "financially constrained" you could achieve the same effect using software filters right? Or is that not the point? Big Grin

That's great perspective correction software - I'm really impressed. Which software is that exactly?

Nikon Capture 4.1

However, I decided to sell the lens today. Put if up for sale and someone purchased it within the day. I am gong to go with a nikon 12-24 for landscapes and wides.

The fisheye is a great, fun lens but came to the conclusion that its likely more of a unique purpose lens. I'll get more use out of the 12-24.

Ah crap... as I type this I am getting the selling blues... maybe I should have kept it since I own it and saved for the 12...

Oh well... too late now. Big Grin

Shutter,

You would not believe how close you can get to something with that lens!! Its incredible. Its a full 180 degree lens.

Okay... now I am REALLY getting depressed!

Someone convince me how great a lens the 12-24 is please.... anyone ... anyone?... Bueller?.....

Toad,

Its self correcting with the click of a button.. and instantaneous for that matter!

Nikon Capture 4.1 is by far the best raw package out there that i have seen for my needs. Very impressive features. I compared it with a few including C1 Pro.

I know Mitch uses C1 and ... well, just look at his pictures. You don;t need any more words to describe how great his stuff is. I just found it less user friendly.

J

Wow... you certainly move fast -- you just got it and now you're selling it? Big Grin

I think fisheye is definitely as you put it - a single purpose/unique purpose lens. i.e. you use it to achieve a particular effect, which happens to be quite striking, but I suppose could get a bit tiring on your audience after a while...

Here are a couple more. I don;t have kids yet, we are expecting in August, so I am trying to spend the money as fast as I can before then lol....

[Image: 37262428.jpg]

[Image: 37262427.jpg]

Well for what its worth, I have my eye on the 12-24 - but I am not interested in a fisheye at all - had a cheap one once - uised it on every piocture for about 2 rolls and never used it again. The 12-24 has some use however outside of the novelty.

I'm impressed with the capture software - when I buy my D70...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post