Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

macro photography

Hi Eli here. Am interested in macro. New to this and look forward to group.
Eli Ho

Welcome, Eli!

Hope you'll share some of your macro photos with us soon Smile

Hello,

Welcome to the photography forums! Nice to meet you and look forward to learning more about you!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jun 26, 2013, 20:13)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello,

Welcome to the photography forums! Nice to meet you and look forward to learning more about you!

Not much to know! 74, retired, board,bought a Nikon 3000, want to learn about photography and having a lot of fun doing so. Have some pics I would like to have criticed, but don't know how to send them.Eli

Welcome Eli! You can create a thread in one of the forums (Photo Critique might be the one for you, I think) and you can attach the photos by uploading them directly, there's an option right below the edit box.

You can also browse the forum for others' macro photos, our members are really talented and their macro photography is fantastic Smile

Thank you all for the welcome. Now I feel real stupid --- I'll be darnd if I see a "edit box".

The "edit box" is just the larger field you type your comment in (after clicking New Reply). If you scroll down there will be a section called "Attachments", where you can click "Choose file" and then click "Add Attachment" to upload your photo. That's it Smile

Hope I get this right!

Attached Files Image(s)

(Jul 28, 2013, 09:54)Eli Ho Wrote:  Hope I get this right!

Hi Eli and welcome to shuttertalk. Wow you amazed me with this shot. It seems like you know how to play with light and used it very well. I find it superb and wouldn't change a thing. Please share us your settings and how do you manage to get this amazing image. Smile Looking forward for more...

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Lovely image Eli. Eager to know the “hows”.

Really nice photo, Eli! It's always nice to see creative macro photography like yours and I would love to see some more.

(Jul 30, 2013, 05:54)Korry Wrote:  

Really nice photo, Eli! It's always nice to see creative macro photography like yours and I would love to see some more.

Am sending a photo of my studio. In reality I was on the patio when this feather floted down on me and I knew I needed to shoot it. I taped the feather to a bread wrapper, wire tie and then taped it to a white envelop. I used a LED flashlight and turned off the lights and computer. I did this on my computer desk.
I was happy with the results and hope to do more, soon.
Eli

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow. What were the camera settings?

Wow, that's a surprisingly simple solution! I thought it would be a lot more complicated than this. Did you post-process it in any way or is it straight out of the camera?

just had a look at the image data. manual focus setting, 1/4 sec at f8, 55mm lens, which is equivalent to about 83mm full frame. 100 iso and white balance on Tungsten. Very innovative, I must be more experimental and give it a go. Thanks for sharing your image, Eli. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

(Aug 6, 2013, 01:59)kNox Wrote:  Wow, that's a surprisingly simple solution! I thought it would be a lot more complicated than this. Did you post-process it in any way or is it straight out of the camera?

I did post process. Used Pecasa to clean up the background.

(Aug 5, 2013, 17:41)Eli Ho Wrote:  Am sending a photo of my studio.

Thank you! I'm always amused with such simple yet impressively creative how-to-make solutions Smile

why is it always the harder you thought the image were created the simpler the truth it was and vice versa... Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Thank you all for the nice comments. I am very new to all thisand find it fun. The shadow from my desk lamp made me start messing around and one thing led to another. Having trouble sending more photos, as when I select one and click attachnebt, the file disappears. I use Pecasa as well as the photos on my desktop. Will keep fussin with it tell I get it correct. I will be watching and reading tell then and hope to contribute more.
Eli

Trying. I sure hope this works.You will need to put up with me, as I am very sllllooooowwww.

Attached Files Image(s)

Can you tell us a little more about the photos you posted above my post?

I really like the last two you posted. Please tell us more about what you are working with and what you were trying to achieve as well....thank you!

I agree with Barbara. The first are interesting images but the last 2 are better developed compositions. What ever it is you are doing, you are doing it well. Spill the beans. what is it?

OK- Here come da beans!The subject is a glass blown,paper weight that I bought at a art show. The colors attraced me and I had a Nikon, Koolpick camera that I had never used for more than, point and shoot - so I started to play. I soon descovered that the camera had a ton of NEAT things inside. I painted the inside of a cardboard box, black , to controll light and use lights that were desinged for a pinball machine. I also usea mirror in some of the shots. I really don't have any design in my work. I am just playing. I have very bad lungs and am prevented from going into the field to shoot close up/macro, which I would love to do, so I am doing desk top work and find I look a lot closer at thing, in different ways. I still have problems loading my pic's , so I might just send photos in the next reply.

Still having problems.

Attached Files Image(s)

Interesting mirrored image as well! Thanks for your persistence and for posting these so we can view, too!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Nov 5, 2014, 08:08
Last Post by WesternGuy
Oct 19, 2014, 00:33