Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Intro

I am new to this forum, and hope to contribute and obtain some good tips!

Hello

Welcome to the photography forums! It is a pleasure to have you here with us!

What kind of camera do you use? How long have you been doing photography?

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Aug 15, 2013, 08:06)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello

(Aug 15, 2013, 14:10)melvynk Wrote:  
(Aug 15, 2013, 08:06)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello

I use a Canon 600d now, but started with a Minolta ST101 back in 1972. I am still very much a dabbler but manage to get some good shots if I really try! I have bought a few fast Rokkor lenses and modified them to suit my Canon. The 55mm f1.4 lensgives good results for not a lot of money. I have also modified my original (1972) Vivitar Series 1 70-210 lens, excellent pics for a few pounds.

Hello and welcome to suttertalk melvynk, I'm curious how you modified this lens and fit to your using right now. Would you care posting some photos of those modifications Smile Might save lot of money here.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(Aug 15, 2013, 17:41)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Hello and welcome to suttertalk melvynk, I'm curious how you modified this lens and fit to your using right now. Would you care posting some photos of those modifications Smile Might save lot of money here.

Yes I will post some photo's if required. but the information is all out there on the internet.
It is a bit involved, but because I am a toolmaker I enjoyed the challenge!
If you are not too technically minded, It might be easier to find a good Pentax fit or Pentax (Takumar) lens and just buy a focus- confirm adapter from e-bay. Pentax adapters do not have a correcting lens which can compromise the original lens quality.
All you need to do is select time priority and check exposure using either playback or better still, use the histogram. Good hunting!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Aug 3, 2015, 15:05
Last Post by Barbara G.
Sep 17, 2014, 07:48
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 5, 2014, 14:52