Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello

Hello, I have been a point and click photographer since my teens. When my brother started a photography course some 10 years ago I started looking at photography with "new" eyes and ceased to 'point and click'. When I found my little digital could not do what I wanted, upon his advice I invested in a Canon EOS 30D but never moved off automatic until last year when I decided I wanted to come off auto and learn how to use my camera to its full potential. I have started going to classes and I joined a local photo club and for the first time in my life am entering competitions so as to learn more and compare my photos to others. I am learning slowly. Baby steps. I like sunsets and sunrises, reflections (all sorts), photos involving water, quirky shots, nature, the world at night, and anything that takes my fancy. People do not interest me.

I have spent the last 2-3 years photographing Norwich. Anyone who says that photographers see nothing because they are always behind a lens do not know what they are talking about. I now "see" so much more than I ever used to and am continually rediscovering Norwich.
Smile

[/quote]
It is so good to see someone bare there soul, as you have done, and refreshing to explain the dedication it takes to find yourself, Photography is to be at one with the full potential of your camera, your apprenticeship, was gaining the basic skills, then putting all that into a passion, with new eyes of manual mode skill. as other settings that can only get that special effect, thank you for being so honest. yes their will be many who will understand you, Heart

Hello and welcome to both of you! Glad to have you here on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your work when you both have time to share! Thanks for joining us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Norwich is a great place to photograph - I lived there in the early 1970s. I now live in Lincoln which is also a great place to photograph.