Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello from Phil

Hello everyone,

Saturday evening 20:00 and miserable and rainy outside, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm located in the beautiful Cotswold's in the UK, although I'm originally from the wonderful county of Devon. I've been making pictures for some 30 plus years and am currently 'semi-pro, semi retired' but not necessarily in that order!!

A long time Canon used, I went to Nikon when transferring to digital some years ago, as I would have had to have changed complete systems anyway, as the FD mount and EOS mounts were not interchangeable. The major benefits with Nikon from my point of view are that I find their ergonomics are better suited to me and of course the lenses are more consistent in that they all use the same mount. At least from about 1970 onwards, thereby offering a wider range to select from should the need be there, or a bargain suddenly become available. Smile

As with many things in life, there remains much to learn, and judging from the excellent examples posted on Shutter Talk, this is a great place to be.

Best regards to everyone.

Phil.

Welcome Phil. What sort of photographs do you enjoy taking?

Hi Dean and thanks for the welcome.

I've always enjoyed a challenge and for me photography is continually challenging, either on a technical and/or a creative level. So I guess it would be true to say, 'I just enjoy Photography'. That is however, just a little simplistic. For indoors photography it has to be portraiture, but not necessarily human portraits, outdoors I'm a sucker for seascapes, originating as I do from a seaside location. Equally, I'm a motorsports fan and get a great kick from getting the shot 'right' of a car and driver negotiating an obstacle at high speed. My love of horsepower isn't limited to cars or bikes though, as I thoroughly enjoy photographing the original 'equine' horse power.

I guess I'm just a crazy mixed up geriatric!!

Sounds like we can look forward to seeing some interesting images.

(Nov 9, 2013, 17:35)Dean Wrote:  Sounds like we can look forward to seeing some interesting images.

Smile Once I've worked out how to post them correctly, you'll get a chance to be disappointed!! Tongue

Welcome to the forums Phil! Smile

Hello,

Welcome to the photography forums! Nice to meet you and have you with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Hi there Korry & Barbara.

Thanks so much for your warm words of welcome. From the very small amount of time I've been here, this seems a very good place to be.Smile

Cheers.

Phil.