Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Compare

Polly Wrote:
'S' Wrote:
EnglishBob Wrote:Pol... the one we considered best WAS the canon Tongue

The term best is a tad subjective don't you think when applied to the 2 cameras.
Now from an objective standpoint, the Canon is defo the best Wink

Ok - in future, I'll wear a paper bag over my camera in addition to the one over my head. Better than losing my street cred by being seen with an istD clamped to my eye! Sad Big Grin

Now the fella in this picci carried his Camera with pride - wore a coat that could be seen for miles around so that people would notice him and proclaim

"Oooooo look - we're all about to be Canon-eyes'd"

Huh! :x Tongue

Pol

Blessed Stephen........ er, nah doesn't sound right does it. Anyway that isn't a proper camera is it. Mind you I do have a coat very similar to that one

Oh and another thing, a bit off topic but never mind, how come I'm not getting notification emails, I'm subscribed to the topic?

'S' aka Stephen
My Personal Galleries

'S' Wrote:
Polly Wrote:
'S' Wrote:The term best is a tad subjective don't you think when applied to the 2 cameras.
Now from an objective standpoint, the Canon is defo the best Wink

Ok - in future, I'll wear a paper bag over my camera in addition to the one over my head. Better than losing my street cred by being seen with an istD clamped to my eye! Sad Big Grin

Now the fella in this picci carried his Camera with pride - wore a coat that could be seen for miles around so that people would notice him and proclaim

"Oooooo look - we're all about to be Canon-eyes'd"

Huh! :x Tongue

Pol

Blessed Stephen........ er, nah doesn't sound right does it. Anyway that isn't a proper camera is it. Mind you I do have a coat very similar to that one

Oh and another thing, a bit off topic but never mind, how come I'm not getting notification emails, I'm subscribed to the topic?

I suspect there's a certain 'circuit judge' who refers to you as "that Blessed Stephen" (or similar)quite regularly ........ ROFL Big Grin

My email notifications are arriving as normal. Be sure to check the 'subscribe to thread' box with every posting you make, even in a thread where you posted previously. We used to get notifications by default but the vote went against those of us who preferred the default so the current system was put in place.

If yours still gives you problems Shuttertalk (Julian) will sort it out when he arrives. Most of them, including ST are 'down under' so they should be getting up and about soon.

I tend to stay logged in (keeping the cookie) and I just use the 'show new posts since last visit' link at the top. It's easier that way as I get so much other mail, spam etc in mailwasher so I sometimes miss the notifications.

Polly

Quote:I suspect there's a certain 'circuit judge' who refers to you as "that Blessed Stephen" (or similar)quite regularly ........ ROFL

Big Grin Absolutely right Pol and why not. you've obviously noticed I've been winding him up again, which is something I never normally do.

'S' aka Stephen
My Personal Galleries

'S' Wrote:
Quote:I suspect there's a certain 'circuit judge' who refers to you as "that Blessed Stephen" (or similar)quite regularly ........ ROFL

Big Grin Absolutely right Pol and why not. you've obviously noticed I've been winding him up again, which is something I never normally do.

Try the 'Mehdi' posterizer on the messed up mountain picture - presumably shot with a Canon (I think it was a 10D Big Grin )

If you leave the top slider at 2 then move midlde one down to about 20 it smooths the sky but retains the black silhouettes. It doesn't look 'posterized' so you can then finish off smoothing it by using despeckle in PS - then finish off with a touch of USM or sharpen tool around the silhouettes.

It gets rid of most of the image noise, doesn't look like a poster, especially if you downsize ie - allowed by the judge'

Give it a try - see what you think -- then go have some fun, but keep me out of it! I've already had another 'portrait session' today and I'm running out of cheese! Big Grin

Polly

Interesting results eh? Well done Rufus for the little challenge! Big Grin

Polly Wrote:
'S' Wrote:

Try the 'Mehdi' posterizer on the messed up mountain picture - presumably shot with a Canon (I think it was a 10D Big Grin )

If you leave the top slider at 2 then move midlde one down to about 20 it smooths the sky but retains the black silhouettes. It doesn't look 'posterized' so you can then finish off smoothing it by using despeckle in PS - then finish off with a touch of USM or sharpen tool around the silhouettes.

It gets rid of most of the image noise, doesn't look like a poster, especially if you downsize ie - allowed by the judge'

Give it a try - see what you think -- then go have some fun, but keep me out of it! I've already had another 'portrait session' today and I'm running out of cheese! Big Grin

Polly

Think we are hijacking Rufus's thread here Pol, but finally, here at any rate, the photo was taken on a Kodak pointy shooty. On a foggy dull day Smile

'S' aka Stephen
My Personal Galleries