Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

just joined

hi I have just signed up to this forum I am new to digital photography having acquired a D3200 last year. I am interested in macro and wildlife photography and hope to learn through sharing experiences

A warm welcome to a great site. Ed.

To each his own!

Welcome aboard! It is nice to meet you and have you here as a member!

This is a wonderful group of people who love photography! You are welcome to share and ask questions on site!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Nov 20, 2014, 08:04)Barbara G. Wrote:  Welcome aboard! It is nice to meet you and have you here as a member!

This is a wonderful group of people who love photography! You are welcome to share and ask questions on site!

Hello Lakelander. I too am a recent arrival and would like to add my welcome. I am into Wildlife too - there is a lot of it in Canada! Enjoy your stay.

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Nov 20, 2014, 14:46)Rolf Wrote:  
(Nov 20, 2014, 08:04)Barbara G. Wrote:  Welcome aboard! It is nice to meet you and have you here as a member!

Hello Lakelander. I too am a recent arrival and would like to add my welcome. I am into Wildlife too - there is a lot of it in Canada! Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for the welcome, not quite so much wildlife here in the English Lake District but still plenty of things of interest

(Nov 20, 2014, 15:18)lakelander Wrote:  
(Nov 20, 2014, 14:46)Rolf Wrote:  

Thank you for the welcome, not quite so much wildlife here in the English Lake District but still plenty of things of interest
:-) I'm an immigrant to Canada from the UK... :-) There is the Red Squirrel, other rare wildlife including red deer, the Peregrine falcon, Arctic Char fish and Britain’s only nesting pairs of Golden Eagles and Ospreys as I remember... there may now be more - I left 5 years ago. Other protected species living in the area include the Natterjack Toad, Barn Owls and Vendace fish. As well as animals the scenery is really stunning. Happy hunting with your camera :-)

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

thanks for the suggestions Rolf. Alas the golden eagles are rarely seen but we are only 6 miles from the Osprey. Something to look forward to in the spring

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jul 31, 2015, 08:23
Last Post by beetleypete
Jul 29, 2015, 07:17
Last Post by Phil J
Jul 25, 2015, 18:22