Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the same bird

Can anyone ID this bird?
I've taken a pic of this bird before, and saw it again (not the same bird, but the same kind of bird)

[Image: bird%20city.jpg]
[Image: bird%20neck%20out.jpg]
[Image: bird%20showing%20wing.jpg]
[Image: bird%20with%20less%20flash.jpg]
[Image: bird.jpg]
[Image: bird2.jpg] (the direct flash was a little too harsh on this one, making it look fake)

What a nice setting for your bird

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Looking ast the feathers the bird looks immature, like it isn't fully gown.

Ruled out Herons as the legs are too short.... I thought it was a pied cormorant but the bill isn't quite right and the neck a little short.

An egret?

Not much of a birder here, but did a bit of googling on "birds of Perth" and perhaps it is an Australian Darter? Maybe a juvenile that hasn't changed into adult plumage.

Australian Darter/Anhinga

Lars

** Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results **

All your pictures are nice but #2 and #5 are super! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Dunno - but maybe it could be a Bittern?

There's a very good website + forums for Birders, worldwide membership with galleries specific to all Continents and Countries. I think you may need to register before you can look at and search the galleries, registration also needed before you can post and read all the forums, reviews etc but it's quick and easy to register, also free and well worth it for anyone who likes watching, photographing and digiscoping birds and other wildlife.

HERE's the link Excellent site, very informative forums and some breathtaking pixs in the galleries. You can also post a pic and ask for identification of the bird, insect, animal or whatever.

BTW -- I'm NOT the 'Pol' or Polly' who sometimes posts there. I have a completely different nickname for that board.

Polly

Talk about one wierd looking bird! Big Grin

Grrreeeeat shots Adam. I have no clue what kind it is.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

lschmekel Wrote:Not much of a birder here, but did a bit of googling on "birds of Perth" and perhaps it is an Australian Darter? Maybe a juvenile that hasn't changed into adult plumage.

Australian Darter/Anhinga

Thanks lschmekel!
Looks very much like the Darter! Big Grin

Maybe I should have googled it first before asking, but then I wouldn't have an excuse to post pictures Big Grin hehe

Thanks Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Jan 25, 2016, 03:28
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Oct 8, 2015, 06:11