Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First frost

I took this picture of a fushia in my garden on 13 December, our first hard frost of the year

Canon EOS 600D
F5.6 1/60 sec ISO 400 48mm

Regards
Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

(Jan 13, 2015, 04:44)snaphappy Wrote:  I took this picture of a fushia in my garden on 13 December, our first hard frost of the year

Canon EOS 600D

Regards
Jane

Very nice Jane, frost and droplets of water on foliage and flower can certainly make a nice subject. If I may suggest a move that I would take to compose such a subject it would be to gently bend away or otherwise remove unwanted flower or foliage, such as that to the bottom right of your picture.

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

I took this picture of a fushia in my garden on 13 December, our first hard frost of the year
Canon EOS 600D

Regards
Jane
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure how well it works - just another version Jane.
Perhaps it depends on whether we regard the frost or the flower (bud) as the main point of interest.

[Image: 301214JPGcopy.jpg]

Peter

Peter, I think the way you have edited Jane's image is just what it needs.

Jane, you can see in Peter's version that even the easy-to-do edits - decreasing the brightness and increasing the contrast - have enhanced the appearance of the frost crystals on the plant.

Cheers.
Philip

(Jan 13, 2015, 06:05)MrB Wrote:  Peter, I think the way you have edited Jane's image is just what it needs.

Jane, you can see in Peter's version that even the easy-to-do edits - decreasing the brightness and increasing the contrast - have enhanced the appearance of the frost crystals on the plant.

Cheers.
Philip

Thank you again Peter and Philip. I have done a bit of cropping and adjusted the brightness and contrast, what do you think?

Regards Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Thank you again Peter and Philip. I have done a bit of cropping and adjusted the brightness and contrast, what do you think?

Regards Jane

I like it Jane, you've really brought out definition in the frost, and the closer crop works well.

Peter

I like it!

Cheers.
Philip

Another 1 minute difference in our posts, Peter!

We are actually many miles apart Jane - honestly! Big Grin

Cheers.
Philip

(Jan 13, 2015, 08:22)MrB Wrote:  Another 1 minute difference in our posts, Peter!

We are actually many miles apart Jane - honestly! Big Grin

Cheers.
Philip

You are both very good and extremely generous with your expertise and tips, it is much appreciated. Together we will go far SmileSmileSmile

Thank you
Jane

Try it as an upright? Ed.

To each his own!

(Jan 13, 2015, 12:23)EdMak Wrote:  Try it as an upright? Ed.

Thank you Ed, I will try that.

Regards Jane