Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Apple cake anyone? :)

My task today was this piece of cake... I was missing daylight, it was gray all day long...

Thanks in advance for your comments Smile

[Image: applecake1.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Oooh you make me hungry... did you make that yourself? Big Grin

The photo is appealing, but I think there could be some improvements with focus, and also the lighting should be brighter - especially with the shadow areas at the back and side.

Nice touch with the flower at the back... Smile

No... It is frozen one from the supermarket, I had the role of photographer in this task Wink

You are right about the improvements... I have to work more with focus and lighting.

Nice that you mention de bg I was wondering if it were right...

Thanks for your comment ST.

Paul Cezanne

Like ST said, I would try for a slightly wider depth of field, and try to bring the front slightly more into focus.

Now if you can just pop that in a box and mail it to.......

@Bob, you are totally right.... I hadn't thought about that... to bring the front slightly more into focus... Thanks a lot my Dear Bob... and please consider a big piece of cake all ready mailed Wink

Paul Cezanne

mmm

Say Irma, taking the lead from animale photographers. I think you should focus at the front of the pie.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don... Actually I have tried again... I lit with lamps changed the bg in white and added a little marmalade, just for the look Smile

The pictures is just cropped and resized and then I made a selection leaving out what I didn't need to have sharp and add soft focus, and here is the last try... I think the cake won't last another session of photography ...

[Image: applecake2.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Yum! Thanks.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I think you've done well with the lighting the 2nd time round. Smile Good stuff! Now to eat it!

Thanks ST.

I would like to try with some other things like vegetables or fruits, but I will wait for good weather, to have nice light Wink

Paul Cezanne

hi

I have to comment in this 2 pixs.

N1 i really like it for the simple question that is very simple an nicely compose. love the sunflower at the end.the bad..is the lighting.

N2. uuhmm the lines of the cake take your eyes to the back of the pix. and the blob of jum looks something very bad. need more ligh!

remedy: try to set next to a window with bright sunshine, thats it sun sun shining throught the window. then buy some bakin paper and use it as a difuser on the window. then get some orange or golden colour paper and use it as a reflector. ok thats it.

hope to see some new pixs.

cya

uuuhhhmmm should look like this

[Image: 80_applecake1.jpg]

I think you are right with the lighting comment - pictures of food in particular need good lighting to look appetizing. The warmer light makes the pie look more tasty.

That is really an improve!!! It looks super!... Thanks a lot for your comment/advice... The second one was taken with three lamps actually... But still doesn't look too bright ....For sure, I will have to wait until I have better weather and the sun is here... And yes you can be sure you will see more new pictures ....

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post