Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Board walk in the bay

You can drop a line on the board walk to catch fish or you can sit and take in the view.[attachment=5615]

Attached Files Image(s)

To me it is just too Turquoise. I have never been to Bermuda so I don't know if that is the colour of the sea, but the sky just doesn't look right. Other than that it is a great image. Well focussed and exposed.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

John just beat me to it. Ed.

To each his own!

(Feb 15, 2016, 04:11)EdMak Wrote:  John just beat me to it. Ed.

Here in Bermuda we have no pollution...so the skies and sea put on a display of colours.

These images, from the internet, seem indicative of Bermuda, but the skies are blue, just as they are in Gran Canaria and the Maldives.

Images like these are all I have to go on, hence my comment.

(Feb 15, 2016, 04:33)Jocko Wrote:  These images, from the internet, seem indicative of Bermuda, but the skies are blue, just as they are in Gran Canaria and the Maldives.

depending time of day or sun angle     Here is another angle same shot...Bemuda is another world you can't compare.

The colours there are far more acceptable to someone from northern climes. Here, we are lucky if we get a blue sky once a week! As I said originally, having never been to Bermuda I am not really qualified to criticise. In Scotland, an image with a turquoise sky means the sky is a bit over exposed.

(Feb 15, 2016, 04:33)Jocko Wrote:  These images, from the internet, seem indicative of Bermuda, but the skies are blue, just as they are in Gran Canaria and the Maldives.

those images may be enhance images tho.

I agree with Jon and Ed.

The cyan in the image is almost eye-wateringly intense, and is giving nearly everything in the image a cyan tint. In my opinion, this is a photography problem (also apparent in some of the other images), not a feature of reality.

I would expect the very clear air to produce a very good balance of all bright colours in the real scene, as most of it is being illuminated by the almost pure white light from the sun. The contribution to the overall illumination from the cyan wavelengths scattered by the atmosphere, compared with that of the intense sunlight, will be minimal.

Cheers.
Philip

That's close to what I have, letting P/S make the decisions. Is your Monitor calibrated in any way. Ed.

To each his own!

This is my take on it.

(Feb 15, 2016, 05:44)EdMak Wrote:  That's close to what I have, letting P/S make the decisions. Is your Monitor calibrated in any way. Ed.

My monitor is not technically calibrated, Ed. I have set it up manually and by eye, so that shades of white (equal values of RGB) do not appear to have any colour cast, and so that it produces colour images that look realistic to me. Importantly, they look very similar when seen as projected images, from the camera club's calibrated projector, on a white screen. They also match well when viewed on my Android tablet (which I haven't adjusted at all, except for screen brightness). They also match the output from my HP inkjet printer, as other club members usually agree, when the prints are viewed under daylight (or a daylight lamp).

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks Philip, I worded that wrong, the "calibrated", was referring to, Wes. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you all for all your input....WesMal

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 5, 2018, 13:42
Last Post by MrB
Oct 20, 2017, 00:03
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 17, 2016, 23:05