Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Harbour View

[attachment=5653] Just sitting here taking in the view and the sea breeze.

Did you delete the attachment for this one? I saw it last night, but when I came back to it today, it was gone.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Sure it was there a short time ago, was going to comment. Ed.

To each his own!

A nice image but it need to be sharper. A bit more bite. It is difficult to do much with such a small image, but just adding some Local Contrast helps.

Wes, still having a size issue. John's comments apply. Why not list what you are doing, the a Lightroom member may help you. This again, is P/S. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Addendum, to late to edit. Just had a look at the EXIF data, this was taken at F3, 1/1600th. 4mm lens setting. Rule of thumb, Landscape, at least F8/11, for depth. If camera permits take one at Landscape setting, a good start. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

I don't think that the aperture setting is the issue here. This camera has a tiny little sensor, 1/2.3", which means that other than for close ups, everything is in focus irrespective of the stop value. f8/f11 is a great rule of thumb for full frame cameras, but as the sensor size goes down it becomes less and less important.
In Wes' image, everything seems well focussed. It is just bite that was lacking.
The VR370 was a budget compact from a few years back so a bit of post-processing sparkle will certainly benefit its output.
Wes. In Lightroom, at the bottom of the Tone Curve box, try changing Point Curve from Linear to Strong Contrast.

EDIT: Sorry John - just noticed that you beat me to it while I was typing! Smile

(Feb 22, 2016, 02:39)EdMak Wrote:  Addendum, to late to edit. Just had a look at the EXIF data, this was taken at F3, 1/1600th. 4mm lens setting. Rule of thumb, Landscape, at least F8/11, for depth. If camera permits take one at Landscape setting, a good start. Cheers. Ed.

Ed, this was taken with one of those tiny sensor (1/2.3) cameras, so 4mm would be equivalent to 24mm wide angle, and where f/3 is probably close to its maximum f-number (smallest aperture) and long depth of field.

Cheers.
Philip

Ta, might help somebody else. Ed.

To each his own!

(Feb 22, 2016, 03:25)MrB Wrote:  EDIT: Sorry John - just noticed that you beat me to it while I was typing! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Great minds think alike.............

(Feb 22, 2016, 03:57)Jocko Wrote:  Great minds think alike.............

Naturally, again I must agree! Big Grin

Cheers.
Philip

Epilogue. All my working life, B&W wise, "Sensor" size was, 9 x 12cm, 3 1/2" x 4 1/2", 4 3/4" x 6 1/2", and 10" x 8" , no automation, and never used a exposure meter outside, changed days. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you all for your take on the image, looks great.My photoshop will not load anymore don't know what happened,it says ''You are running an operating system that photoshop no longer supports''....I don't know whats up with that,maybe you guys know.

Is your Mac operating system up to date. Ed.

To each his own!

Wes. What version of Photoshop do you have? Moving backwards along Ed's line of thought, perhaps your operating system has been updated and Photoshop has fallen behind!

(Feb 22, 2016, 13:50)EdMak Wrote:  Is your Mac operating system up to date. Ed.
I update my mac last night but still not working...PS not loading,LR still works.

Answer John's question, and, what Mac version. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MBS
Jul 1, 2020, 10:22
Last Post by MBS
Jun 18, 2020, 07:06