Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dysart harbour

I rather like the pallette in this one. What do you think?
How would you improve it?

Dysart Inner Harbour.

Nikon D80, Manual mode, 1/250 sec, f11, ISO 3200, 46mm lens equivalent.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Trimmed it, thought the bottom left was a bit distracting. Straightened, sharpened, and a bit more bite, not a lot in total really. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Edit, should be, bottom right. Ed.

To each his own!

John, I agree with some of Ed's editing suggestions but not with the alteration of the colours - they look more natural to me in your original shot. Perhaps also clone out that square shape on the left third?

Cheers.
Philip

I don't know why I didn't square it. That was just stupidity. The bottom right made the photo for me so that was why it was given prominence. I also felt, that with the high ISO, I had sharpened the file to the edge of overdoing it. Remember I was working on a file 4 times the size of the one posted. In retrospect, what I should have done was resize the image for posting here, then sharpened that. And I have to agree with Philip. The subtle palette was what attracted me to the image and the chalked square on the wall could definitely be cloned out.

Here is my final take. Squared, white square (a rack of some kind) cloned out, resized before final sharpening for display and still including some of my right hand foreground. Hope I have made an improvement.

Colour balance rubbish. THIS is the final take on the subject!

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Sep 26, 2016, 18:46
Last Post by MrB
Aug 1, 2016, 03:14