Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

General Wade's Bridge.

Comments on this one please.

General Wade's Bridge, Aberfeldy.

Fuji FinePix S9500, 1/150 sec, f6.4, ISO 200.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

John, first impression, flying left wing low, weather not in your favour unfortunately.
There is more detail in there, sharpening it would probably bring it out a bit, and Shadow/Highlight adjustment finalize it.
Clone out the tree, top right, a bit of sky of you want. Not a lot in reality.

Cheers Ed.

To each his own!

Have to agree about the weather, but there again, it was the middle of summer, so that is only to be expected. Certainly not wing low as this image confirms. Because it was taken a few years ago, and processed then, I neither had the expertise or software to sharpen as well as I might today. And as for the tree. Well you know me and my frames!

I was referring to the horizontal content? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Agreed. But that is perspective. The bridge angles back and away, so that is only natural. Short of actually skewing the image which would be ugly and unreal.

Just noticed that the sky in your image has taken on a slight pink hue as against the grey of my original. Did you adjust that in Photoshop?

Fair comment John, just looks more natural, and better to me. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

I must admit, I spent a long time contemplating what to square to, when I originally processed that image. I tried it with the top parapet square but it looked drunk. I ended up squaring on the plaques, which tied in with square on the house in the background.

This is what I mean. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

John, your posted image's composition and orientation are just fine. It is a very pleasing shot, and the children complete it well. If it were mine, I would reduce the greens saturation a little. Perhaps the bland sky might be helped by cloning a bit more over-hanging tree into it:

Cheers.
Philip

Reducing the green saturation a bit would make a difference. If I remember right I increased it during the original processing. Love what you have done with the extra bit tree.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MBS
Aug 14, 2020, 14:02
Last Post by MBS
Aug 14, 2020, 13:55
Last Post by MBS
Aug 14, 2020, 13:52