Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blossom Trail Orchard

Blossom Trail Orchard in full bloom.

7DII, 1/80s, F/11, ISO 100, 150mm.
[Image: 25414031863_ae240fe1eb_o.jpg]

Great photo, but needs a bit more contrast for my liking.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

I agree but upping the contrast makes it look odd, way to busy an image.

I didn't try it myself, but I understand what you mean. Too much detail can have that effect.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

I think there's a wonderful shot to be had here, but here's there's just a little too much fallen blossom on the ground which means it's hard to focus / concentrate on the tree blossom as it merges with the background. That said, there's a very serene and relaxing - and beautiful - quality to it. My cherry blossom tree is months away from growing any blossom so this is nice to see as I sit here with the heating on!

Craig, do you have a "Conventional" pic of this, if so, love to see it. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

For me, what is limiting the appeal of this shot is its lack of depth of field. The perspective leads you into the scene but, when you arrive there, it is an out of focus blur - I think everything needs to be sharp. Perhaps it would have worked better by using a shorter focal length and a wider aperture.

Cheers.
Philip

From the 2nd Camera

Canon 5DIII, 1/500s, F/3.5, ISO 100, 64mm. (Cropped from a vertical)

The soft centre here is also detracting from the enjoyment of the image for me. This one could also benefit from a bit more colour. f/11 and 1/60s might have worked for this focal length.

Cheers.
Philip

The colour is totally unnatural there, garishly so. the scene was almost pastoral in reality, very muted.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post