Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lutjensee lake

Well, the thing is that I had already a lot of pictures from the lake and I just turned around and found this...

[Image: bench2.jpg]

BTW, yes the human touch is missing, but the place was deserted, and the only human been was My Guerito busy taking his pictures...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I'm intrigued by the composition. The empty sky, then the leading line of the path drawing the eye to the empty bench. It's kind of sad, actually. Despite the nice autumn colors, I think it might make an interesting b&w conversion.

Should have told him to Sit! Nice photo Irma. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Basically a lovely shot. The focus is very soft. I would like to see something in the sky, perhaps some gray.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Slej's B&W musings got me thinking, so I thought I'd give it a go - even though this isn't the "Playground'... to be honest, I think I still like the original better...

[Image: bench3.jpg]

[Image: bench4.jpg]

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Hey nice shot Irma. I definitely like the original the best. It's very pleasing. Big Grin

I think the black and white conversion works.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like the original best still. Nice shot Irma.

Thanks a lot for your comments Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I tried a few BW conversions and they didn't come out well - not enough tonal difference. Oh well, it was a thought.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by vlad
Apr 19, 2013, 12:11