Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The unexpected angle

I just read about taking picture from unexpeted angles. When I saw the corner remembered the article and I took this... What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your comments Smile

[Image: corner.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I'm sorry Irma. Thew angle is right but the subject matter isn't very interresting to me.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Ok, no need to be sorry... Thanks.

Paul Cezanne

I agree. This is a good exercise in visual depth perception but it's not very pretty.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don for your comment, but could you help me please and tell me why you don't find it pretty?Is it the construction itself? Too simple, too complicated? What is missing to make it interesting?

Thanks in advance Don Smile

I have always appreciated the comments/advice of all of you, believe that I try to have them all in mind every time I take a picture... and I think I have improved. Regarding this picture could you please tell me why is it not working? otherwise I will learn nothing from this picture... This forum is a learning room after all... Smile

I don't want to make it pretty, if it is not, but I would like to learn what to do if one day I have another corner like this... what I have to look for to make it work.... Could you help me and make of this picture a learning exercise for me? Please...

I have made another crop thinking that it might help to focus in the corner itself... probably the original was too long...... I really don't know....

As always thanks a lot for your comments Smile

[Image: corner2.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

I like the 2nd crop better, perhaps a polarizer to make the reflections in the window stronger to hide the clutter within.

Greetings from a newbie to the group!

Here's a little variation on the crop. The boxes in the window, and the people on the street, take away from the pure geometric form that you've captured here. [Image: cornerrecrop.jpg]

@StudioJ: Now I am getting an idea... When I am working with lines make them strong... ok I got it... Thanks for your comment Smile

@rikbrandt: Welcome to the forum Smile You will see me around this forum "Photo Critique" very often since I am learning how to take pictures... Smile

Yes, I can see your idea very clear, your crop really gives another perspective of the picture.... You are right there were too many things around... Thanks a lot for your comment...

Paul Cezanne

Welcome, Rikbrandt! Glad to have you onboard.

Stupid me. Just because i didn't find the subject matter so interresting I failed to point out some of the issues that would have improved the image. Sad What a doofus!
Anyway, welcome to the crowd Rikbrandt. Glad to see you here. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I like what Rick has done. Nice crop. It enhances the effect you were going for Irma. Tighter crop with good depth.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Freeman
Nov 13, 2014, 11:33