Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brownie

Hey guys new to this forum and Photography in general. This was taken with a d70. The one thing I remember doing in photo shop was bringing down the color saturation. My only regrets are that I cut off the flash reflector and no bulb in the flash.

Rip me and tell me what would make it better.

Teddy

[Image: Browne%201.jpg]

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Hey Teddy, welcome to the coolest little forum around. Cutting off the flash relector is a minor issue. Your are right about no bulb but also photoshop can get around this one too (Possibly). The glaring issue is that it is out of focus. I am having a difficult time finding exactly where the focus actually is. Maybe the flash deflector?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hey teddy! Welcome to Shuttertalk! Hope you make yourself welcome here - people here are extremely friendly (watch out for dogs) Big Grin

Great shot of the Brownie... a great collectible indeed.

Comments regarding the shot:
- White balance / lighting could be better. I would like to see it brighter and the whites whiter
- The DOF is a bit lacking - the flash reflector is in focus, but the red Brownie text is clearly not
- The foreground bit -- what is that, a blanket? -- is a bit distracting.

Anyway, thanks for the shot! I love collectible cameras too - I've got a few classic rangefinders...

Welcome to the Forums.

I'm with ST, the forground blanket is a little distracting... I'd like to see it with maybe a sepia tint.

thank's you alll. I will and shot it over and resubmit.

Nikon d70

I actually kind of like the tone of the shot... but the focus and distracting foreground do need to be addressed.

Keep in mind that the whole subject need not be in focus but some important part should be... e.g. if your DOF were thin enough you could have the word 'Brownie' in focus while keeping the soft feel for the rest of the camera.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

hi welcome

bienvenido, como esta senor?

the main problem is that is submerge, i just can not see the all camera. and yeah the light bulb not been there is very distracting....maybe you should change the angle.

uuhmmmm maybe...

[Image: 39_Browne1.jpg] [Image: 21_Browne2.jpg]

[Image: 56_Browne3.jpg] [Image: 68_Browne4.jpg]

Regards

Christian

Why do you have the out focus mass in the foreground? That's what ruins the shot.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

To be honest it this pic was more of me playing around seeing what I could do. I am just getting started in this Photograghy thing. I have had my camera about a month now. I understand what you are saying about the mass in the foreground, but is it that the mass is there ore that it covers up the bottom of the brownie. I do admit that it is to big, but I think that to some degree that it adds depth to the shot. If it didn't cover up the camera and was smaller I think the shot has a better feel that with out it at all. Maybe I just need to hug the surface to get the effect I am talking about.

Teddy

Nikon d70

Ah, digital photography is part art and part experimentation... keep it up Teddy! Big Grin

hi

yeah, and maybe you need to get just a bit closer. what lenses do u have?

Keep posting, looking forward to see what you have done

Regards

Christian