Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunset

I've been working with angles and lines... very difficult subject and I have got a lot of rubbish... Sad nothing worth to post... Sad Sad
I changed my subject yesterday and I got a sunset picture... The sunset is centered, but as I don't have any interesting foreground I thought I would be nice to center...

Could you please give your comments? Smile

Thanks a lot!

[Image: klinkradesunset.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Good shot of the sunset, Irma... looks like the exposure is done well.

Like you said, I think the photo lacks a subject -- usually the sun itself can be a subject, especially with reflections in the water, but in this photo it's almost gone to bed. It's still a nice shot though, don't get me wrong.

I think in this case, since the frame is so empty, a vertical crop would do better justice to the photo. That way you can appreciate the layering of colours in the shot.

Pay attention to the rule of thirds as well, especially with the placement of the horizon. In mine, I've placed it 1/3 way up from the bottom of the frame.

[Image: klinkradesunse2.jpg]

Thanks a lot ST. Your crop is much better than mine...

Right you are, my sun is already too low, but I had to sacrifice the reflection in the water for the sky and sun.. There wasn't any cloud where the sun could hide to take the picture and I didn't want to have an overexposed sky... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

What exactly is "the rule of thirds"?

Teddy

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Never mind I saw the post in Photography Technique Talk. on the rule of thirds. Smile

Teddy

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Dec 3, 2018, 22:00
Last Post by MrB
May 31, 2017, 14:45